"What else?"

"I... that's all I can remember. We are only taught what is essential to kill you." She admits

"Alright so here is a little of extra knowledge to you." I tell her figuring there is no harm in letting her know this piece of information. She looks at me attentive, so eager to learn..."All werewolves who are part of a pack must follow a set of rules..."

"What rules?" She asks interrupting me

"Not important. If a pack member fails to follow those rules they are brought to a public trial where their fates will be decided by the entire pack. Now, depending on the offense, the punishment can go up to execution, imprisonment or the worst of them all, they are banished from the pack, and unable to be a part of a pack ever again. They are what we call "Rogues".

"Why is banishment the worst thing that could happen?"

"To be rogue is to be without pack, without family. Our wolves are as part of us as the human is a part of the wolf. We crave a pack, connection with those of our kind. Family. To betray us is the worse offense a wolf can make, so they are banished. Forever doomed to run alone in the woods."

"So the wolf back there...?" She asks making the connection.

"Was a rogue." I inform her "When a wolf spends so much time in the wilderness alone, they start to lose touch with their human side, and the animal takes over."

"So why did he submit to you? You are not an Alpha."

"No, I'm not. I'm a Beta." I tell her watching her eyebrows go up in surprise, so she knew what it meant. "Do you know what that means?"

"You are second in command after the Alpha."

"Correct." I praise her "The wolf will always know when they are in the presence of an alpha or a beta. That knowledge comes from within the wolf. It's animal instinct."

"I didn't know..."

"Of course you didn't. It's not exactly something we tell outsiders."

"Then why tell me? A Hunter? Why am I so special?"

A great question indeed.

"Are you saying you preferred not knowing?"

"That's not what I said. You are avoiding my question."

"So what if I am?"

"Just answer it!" She says agitated. I carefully place some of her hair behind her ear. The sparks reacted immediately upon contact with her skin, igniting a longing inside of me, a want that made me resist pulling her closer, just so I could feel her close to me, never wanting to let go ever again. "And stop touching me!"

"Why?"

"Because...it feels fucking weird when you do." She confesses

"What do you mean? How does my touch make me feel?" I ask her wanting to hear if she felt the same way I did. I wonder if her being human affects the bond on her side. Does she feel the sparks when we touch? The attraction and the want in the pit of our stomach? Does she feel the desire to make me hers as violently as I want to make her mine? "Tell me"

"It's... it's...I don't know okay? It's just fucking weird so stop doing whatever it is you're doing!" she commands.

"Why do you think I'm doing something?" I ask her intrigued

"I know you are. I only feel like this with you."

I can't help but smile honestly at her statement.

"Does it happens only when I touch you?"

"Huh?"

"The weird feeling. Does it happen only when I touch you or do you feel the same when we don't touch?"

"It's stronger when we touch but the feeling is always there when you're around. We don't always have to be touching for me to feel it." She explains "Do you know why that happens?"

"Yes." I admit to her, knowing full well it was because of the mate bond.

"Well? What is it? Tell me."

"No."

"Excuse me?" She asks outraged "Why not? It's happening to me!"

"Because I don't trust you enough not to use that information against my kind." I respond honestly, because unfortunately at the end of the day, mate or not, she was still an enemy of my pack, my kind. "I already told you to much as it is."

"You can't do that! You have to tell me what is happening with me!"

"I don't have to do anything." I say getting up "Don't worry you won't die from it, it won't harm you in any way."

"How the hell am I supposed to believe that?" She asks upset from not getting her answers.

"Believe or not, it's up to you. I'm still not telling you. I would have to trust you to do that, as it happens, I don't." I start walking towards where I left my shorts. "I'll be right back, don't go anywhere while I'm gone."

That's it for this one! This chapter is a little shorter then others, but I wanted Hayley and Julius to have this discussion with each other. They come from two different worlds, and it was an interesting perspective to hear both sides of the coin, so to speak.

I hope you enjoyed it. Don't forget!

VOTE ⭐

COMMENT ✍️

SHARE 💌