✩06

Kang Damin was surprised to find herself in the library so early in the day

Kang Damin was surprised to find herself in the library so early in the day. It was 07:27 AM. School started in about an hour but she wanted to go to the library to do some research.

She had woken up this morning to her dorm trashed. Books were thrown around, chairs were not being where they were supposed to be, and pillows were on the floor.

Her first thought was that someone broke into her dorm but there were no signs of any forced entry and none of her valuables were missing.

So she racked her brain trying to find out what had happened, that was until there was a cup flying around. It flew around for a few minutes before it hit the floor with a loud thud.

Damin looked around her trashed dorm and then it all made sense. She was the one who must've caused this mess in her sleep.

She thought of what to do since she just found out she had supernatural powers and didn't know anything about them so her first thought was to go to the library.

She scanned through the hundreds of books on the bookshelf before her eyes caught one, Supernatural Powers.

That was it. That book could possibly explain if not one, but at least two things about what's happening to her. Her hand reached to get but someone else already beat her to it.

She turned her head and was met with Yang Jungwon.

"We seriously have to stop meeting like this," Damin joked, earning a chuckle from Jungwon.

"Well then I'm just going to move away from the bookshelf in case," He said, Damin laughing at his statement.

She asked, pointing to the book that was in his hand, "So can I borrow that book first?"

His eyebrows slightly furrowed as he thought for a few seconds.

"Okay but you have to let me help you search for answers, it's not every day that you wake up and know someone with telekinetic powers,"

She nodded at his request and they both walked to the table farthest from the entrance. As soon as Jungwon put the book down, dust infiltrated their noses as they coughed.

He dusted the cover before turning to the table of contents. Both their eyes skimmed through the hundreds of chapters before their eyes landed on one. He turned to page 1130 and started reading aloud but only enough for both of them to hear.

"Psychokinesis, also called telekinesis, in parapsychology, is the action of mind on the matter, in which objects are supposedly caused to move or change as a result of mental concentration upon them. Claimed effects of psychokinesis include levitation and metal bending; such displays are common."

They both looked at each other, trying to digest this all-new information. Then, Damin spoke up, "Does it mention why it happens?"

His eyes skimmed through the text before finding what he was looking for.

"These peculiarities manifest in their own time; some in infancy, others not until they are quite old. While some people might call this a miracle, many others call it a curse because this caused them to be hunted by normal people and especially-"

When Jungwon wanted to turn to the next page, it was gone. The next page was a whole other chapter. From the inside of the book, however, it was very clear that someone had ripped its pages out. Either hiding something or not wanting anyone to find out.

"Someone ripped the pages out," Jungwon spoke up. Damin didn't hide her disappointment as she was so close to finding out something new but then that happened.

They both got up to ask the librarian if there was another copy of this book but came back with a frown.

"Let me try looking online," said Damin, fishing out her phone from her pocket. Her hopes were shattered when there seemed to be an error. Jungwon's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as Damin tried typing the title again.

But that didn't change anything.

"No results containing all your search terms were found." They both read aloud, looking at each other, bewildered.

"But that's impossible... right?" she spoke up, a shiver running down her spine. The book was here but the most important explanation was ripped out, but when searching the internet, the book seemed to not exist, despite the presence being here, in Jungwon's hands.

Before they could say anything though, the bell rang, taking them out of their thoughts. They both got up and left without saying anything, the whole situation creeping them up, to say the least.

my brain is fried

my brain is fried