Whipped - CHAPTER 58

Start from the beginning

"No, no. I'll come get you guys. I'll get his car seat for you."

"Oh... okay. Thanks."

Remi heard Marcelo hum before the phone hung up. A minute later, there was a knock at the door making Paxton start barking. Remi rushed over to the door and opened it. He was happy to see Marcelo standing in front of him. Marcelo smiled smugly at Remi as he said, "Told you that I would be here."

"Yeah, you did." Remi nodded. "Thank you."

Elio came around from behind Remi and waved at Marcelo excitedly. "Hi, DuhDuh."

"Hi, Lio. How was your day?"

"Gweat! Mama ancakes."

"Ancakes?"

"Pancakes," Remi giggled. "He's trying to say pancakes. I made him pancakes for breakfast."

"Ah, did you save some for me, buddy?"

"All in belly," Elio said as he put both of his hands on his belly and rubbed it, making both Remi and Marcelo burst out laughing. Elio was a character.

Marcelo then watched as Paxton came over and stood in front of him, sniffing him. "Hi, Paxton." Paxton yipped. Even after the years that Marcelo was gone, Paxton never forgot his scent. Partially because of the fact that a little bit of it was embedded in Elio.

"Pax, go on, buddy. We gotta leave." Paxton whimpered at this, so Remi's face softened as he bent down onto Paxton's level and rubbed behind his ears. "I won't forget about you, Pax. We'll be back."

With that, Paxton lapped at Remi's cheek for a second before he turned around and walked away, settling on his puppy bed. Elio scurried over to him and rubbed his fur gently. "Bye. Packen."

That was his way of trying to say Paxton, of course. Paxton didn't waste any time as he licked at Elio's face as well before settling back down. Elio giggled as he ran back over to Remi and Marcelo. Marcelo ruffled his hair before picking up his car seat and holding the door open for Remi.

With a polite thanks, Remi walked out of the apartment with Elio in front of him. Once Marcelo walked out, Remi locked the door with his key, and they all headed to Marcelo's car. Marcelo buckled up Elio's car seat into the car as best as he could with Remi's instruction before he helped Elio hop in, buckling him up next. He politely held the passenger door open for Remi, the simple action making Remi blush.

Said blush remained for the entire car ride.

---------///----------\\\--------

"Ready, Lio?"

Elio nodded, not really understanding what he needed to be ready for.

Remi himself hopped out of the car. Marcelo voluntarily got Elio from the back so all that Remi had to do was get Elio's  little bag that he'd forgotten. Marcelo locked the car, and the three headed up the path that led to the front door of Marcelo's parents' house where his family was waiting inside.

Nervously, Marcelo rung the doorbell.

As the three waited, Remi began patting his pockets. He realized that he'd left his phone in the car. "Hey, do you mind unlocking the car for a second? I left my phone."

"Of course not," Marcelo said as he pulled his keys out of his pocket and unlocked the car.

Remi ran over to it and opened the door, reaching in to get his phone. Just as Remi ran back up the pathway, the front door opened, and Blaise appeared at the door. He smiled, and him and Marcelo did their bro-hug thing before he went to sit back down, not seeing Remi nor Elio. Marcelo then stepped inside.