Chapter One

Vick’s face when he met him after two weeks was half the size. Honestly, even before now, when Mason had seen his chubby stomach, he thought it would be better for him to lose some weight. But still, he didn’t want him to be so thin.

“…The filming is….”

Vick mumbled like he was going to cry soon. Mason said, “Mm,” and made a sorry face. Because he thought if he say sorry, Vick would start crying for real. But even for a sorrowful expression, Vick’s eyes gathered some tears.

“The season was… you know, it was all green, but … a lot of them fell….”

“Yeah probably.”

Actually outside the window, the trees were still green, but Mason nodded his head and agreed with him.

“Yesterday night I had a dream… The snow was falling from the sky. The snow piled up, and the tree leaves have all fallen… Like that, the shoot gets postponed to next year… I was so scared that I woke up and cried.”

“….I see. It’s definitely scary.”

Mason made a face like he agreed strongly.

“Director.”

Chase, who came to visit with Vick, said, “You said you were not gonna be like this,” and scolded him.

“What if Haley feels pressured and it slows down his recovery?”

Vick said, “What did I do….?” with a depressed face.

“I didn’t say it to slow down your recovery.”

Mason shrugged his shoulders at Vick’s apology and smiled.

“…But will you be able to get discharged by next week? How about we shoot a scene that doesn’t require a lot of walking.”

Vick knew it was too much, but still asked in a hopeful tone, and Chase strongly grabbed his shoulders.

“Director, seriously… Running around with a gunshot wound can only happen in a movie. What do you mean next week? What if he gets a sequela* (a condition that is the consequence of a previous disease or injury)? –Actors are not expendable!”

“What do you mean expendable? I didn’t mean like that…”

“This is not something that can be done without one or two months of hospitalization.”

“But it’ll snow for real after two months!”

“That’s not true. L.A. is not like that, Vick.”

How can it snow in a warm city where four seasons are warm? Chase scolded him like treating a child, and Vick said, “…But. I want to film! I want to film Haley!” in a childishly adamant tone.

“The other guys have started to eye him!”

‘But I found him first though!’ Vick grabbed his hair in frustration, afraid that someone would snatch away Haley.

“However… If Haley is doing well, the movie will do better too…”

“But still, I have to film the movie whether it’ll be good or not. Think about it, if it snows, everything will…”

“There’s no way it’ll snow, but even if it snows! We can shoot when he gets better!”

“I know, but… but…”

“What ‘but’?”

Chase said seriously and excitedly at Vick, who did not listen at all, and Mason, who thought about it for a moment continued, “But.”