Death as more petals fall Part 2

He awoke in a start for the second time that day. To say it was painful was an understatement. It felt as if his body was aflame. His skin was a fading grey akin to that of Scar's, he was apprehensive about looking into his eyes, a probable sea of red. It didn't help that guilt crawled through his system like a drug, an adrenaline shot and a tranquilizer, him wanting to run and apologize yet simultaneously fall onto the sheets of his bed and sleep the days away.

Scott was no better, running to the side of his fallen husband. He hadn't felt the weight of his death before now, too busy scolding an ecstatic Grian to think. Jimmy was red. The one person he could rely on could possibly break away, forge a new life of evil. It made the cyanette shiver.

Jimmy heard steps from his stairway, most likely a disappointed Scott ready to throw him out, abondon him at his worst. It wouldn't surprise him. It's what the rules imply. Not a necessity, but his husband? enemy? it wasn't clear at this time, had sense. It was dangerous to be near a red name, bloodlust high. He could feel it. The thought of blood or death like a call, he craved it. He pushed it down.

It was Scott, a worried look in his eyes and frantic movements as he tackled the blonde to the bed, happy to lay and comfort the red of the two. It took Jimmy by surprise. He wasn't expecting this in the slightest. He wasn't one to complain though, pacifying Scott more than himself that he was fine, wasn't leaving him anytime soon, that he would never betray their vows.

That was all the green name needed to hear. A sweet reassurance that bled through the worry and loss. It was a frightening prospect. That Jimmy could die. He would, eventually, most likely before Scott as he was always the smarter of the two, more agile, more sly, more cunning. 

They laid in comfortable silence for a long time, the first time they truly had to themselves that day. Honestly, it could have been for a couple of days, the shenanigans and deaths slowly creeping further into chaos. It didn't seem like that at present. 3 reds, 3 yellows, 8 greens. 

The calm before the storm.

Scott didn't want to know what the future held because he knew. Not set in stone, he was no mind-reader, no fortune teller. In this world he was glad of it. He didn't want to know who died first, who died last, who took the victory. He didn't want to know how Jimmy died, how he died, how anyone died. 

It was sickening, because he could tell. With so many alliances being formed, the server in factions and everyone building their area's, the only way this would, could end, is in war. A full out battle for dominance, for the crown. 

For what?

Jimmy was having similar thoughts. It was beginning to dawn on the two that the server, the game, was pointless. There was no grand prize, no solace when everyone else, your friends, your family, are dead and watching as mere ghosts, when you are isolated and remorse eats the last remnants of your sanity before you can click your fingers or take the final leap of faith.

They both come back to the room, to the present.

They travel to the past.

Scott smiles as he recalls the night he found out the love of his life was hidden in the confines of his house, remembers the warm touch as they hugged.

Jimmy melts as he reminisces the day they married, Scott's dress and soft smile, the phantom of their kiss lingering as he remembered the teasing fury as they re-told the story of watching them the night they confessed.

Memories that would never be lost to time, yet the lives of those on them would be.

"Till death do us part Scott."

"Till death do us part." said male agreed.

They had limited time, it was no illusion and nothing they didn't know, didn't bite at their fragile souls as they made the most of it.

Across the valley, sat in a pot on Scott's table, the poppy lost more petals, wilting as those who shared its magic did, died as the one it was gifted by faded slowly.

Jimmy died.

More petals fell.

               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wooo my motivation wasn't hit by a bus so I managed to get this out. Curse my procrastination Xd

Tj xx 

As Petals fallजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें