Conversation

Josh's POV

I have to admit, I was surprised when Maya said she would go to school. I wonder if something's going on with that guy I saw. I jog slightly to catch up with her brisk pace. "Why are you in such a hurry?" I ask when I finally catch up with her. "Why are you following me? Don't you have classes?" She instantly retorts. "Not until the afternoon." I respond truthfully. "Hm." Is all she responds with. "Why?" I ask and she turns her head to face me. "Just wondering" She responds with. We walk in silence for a few moments before I break the silence again, "Who was that?" I ask cautiously. "David?" She asks softly, instantly knowing who I mean. I nod my head, I assume that's him, "He's my stepdad." She states simply. I freeze and she continues for a steps before noticing my absence. Maya turns to face me, "Are you coming?" She asks me but I don't move, "Does Riley know?" I ask and she instantly freezes, "N-No, please don't tell her!" She pleads, her eyes widened. "When did it happen?" I ask softly and she simply lowers her head before whispering her answer, "3 months ago..." I have to strain my ears to hear her. "Why didn't you tell her?" I ask gently and she looks up to face my, fear flashing her eyes once again. "H-He..I-I just c-can't" I barely hear the rest of her sentence I'm too focused on the beginning. What did 'he' say or do?

Maya's POV

I see Josh go into deep thought, I continue walking and hear Josh following. What if he figured it out? What if David saw my stuttering mess? What if he's--I begin looking left and right for him, scared he just witnessed that conversation. I'm sure if I can't see him he's not here, right? What have I become? A stuttering, paranoid freak. That is all that is left of me.

--Thanks for reading! I really don't know how to end these parts xd. Anyways I hope you enjoyed, if you have any requests as to what you'd like to happen, let me know and have a great day ^_^ --

P.S this was written yesterday, incase you haven't seen my announcement there won't be any more uploads today and probably tomorrow, if you want to know why have a look at my announcement
Thanks ^.^