Fear

[Some kids have monsters that live under there bed
Well mine lives in the room next door, and hes' real]

Maya's POV

All I remember is trying to get out his grasp and then his hand came up to my face..I couldn't hold it in. I flinched. He noticed. I don't look back as I run, I turn a corner only to run into someone. I look up to see David, "You silly silly girl." He rebukes before grabbing my wrists tightly and dragging me. I feel something hit me on the head and everything goes black...

Josh's POV

I look at the spot she was a few seconds earlier before running after her, but in the crowded streets of New York it's easy to not to be found if you don't want to. 

Author's POV

The blonde in the passenger seat opens her eyes slightly before taking in her surroundings. Once she notices the man sat next to her driving she tries moving her hands only to find that they are tied and resting on her lap. "I warned you Maya." He reminds her, his voice grave only sending fear into Maya as the car stops and he gets out. He walks around and opens her door before grabbing Maya and dragging her by the arm and slamming the door in their wake.

Maya's POV

I felt fear coursing my veins as he dragged me to the door of the apartment, "Act normal.." He whispers into my ear while untying my hands. I comply, afraid of what he would do if I didn't as we walk to the elevator I force a smile to one of our many neighbours before entering the neighbours only for a small family to enter the elevator with us. "I hope you don't mind." A man asks as him, a woman who I presume is her wife and a boy who is probably their son. "Of course not." David responds and smiles as they get in the elevator. I try my best to smile. "Are you new here?" I ask, trying my best to act normal and keep the quiver out of my voice as I speak. They nod and the woman responds, "Yes, do you live here?" She asks and I nod before looking away at the elevator door again, contemplating whether to run when they open. I feel David take my hand, like any caring father would do. Though, he had presumably guessed what I was thinking and didn't want me running. The doors open and we walk out, I see David wave bye to the small family before dragging me to our apartment. I stumble, struggling to keep up with his brisk walk. He opens the door and pushes me inside before closing it, while he locks it I run to my room and close the door before pushing my drawers up against it. He had taken the lock off of my door within a week of his arrival. "Open up Maya, I just want to talk." He says softly and I feel tears running down my cheeks. I know he just wants me to open the door so he can continue his abuse of me. My legs buckle beneath me and I crumble to the floor and place my head in my hands. Knowing there is no escape. Some kids have monsters that live under their bed. Well mine lives in the room next door and he's real...

--Thanks for reading! What do you guys think so far? What do you want to happen next? Also, I want to start describing David (Her step-dad) so if you can let me know any ideas for his looks like eye colour, hair or any distinctive feature like a birthmark that you can see or something. Anyways I hope you enjoyed and have a great day!--