What happened the first time

Thank you Uriah_N_Sabrina for the idea of Maya's step dad's name! ^.^ David Smith. Hope you enjoy!

Maya's POV

I ran to my room and locked the door only to turn and see him there. Tears begin falling down my cheeks as I remember the first time I met him.

Flashback

"I'll talk to you later Riles, my mum just got home." I say before hanging up and walking over to the door. "Hey mu--" I cut myself off as I see my mum in a wedding dress and a man next to her in a suit. "W-What?" I stutter looking from my mum to the man. My mum looked at me, sadness glistening her eyes, "I'm sorry for not telling you baby girl, this is.." She begins as the man walks past her to me and holds his hand out, "David Smith." he says but I ignore his hand and return my gaze to my mum, "Who is he mum?" I ask, my voice shaking sightly. I look back at..David...for a second and I can see anger in his eyes but I ignore it. "My husband...and your step dad..." My mum responds quietly and I stare at her in shock before turning and running to my room.

Flashback ends

That was nearly 3 months ago yet I still wasn't used to him..probably because of this..."Ow!" I yell as his hand wraps around my wrist tightly. I get dragged towards him before I feel the usual pain in my stomach as he punches me. I crumble to the floor only to get kicked in the same place. I curl up in a ball to try and block his kicks. I remember the first time this happened too. It was the same night as when I first met him...

Flashback

I ran into my room, slamming the door behind me before sitting on my bed. A few minutes later I hear a knock on the door, "Hey, can I come in." I recognise his voice, David. I get up and open the door, "What?" I ask, annoyance edging its way into my voice. "Can I come in?" he asks again so I step aside to let him in. I sit back down on my bed and he joins me. "Look..." he begins softly, "Your mother is finally happy so why can't you be happy for her you ungrateful little brat!" He yells grabbing both my wrists with one hand before slapping me across the face with the other. I look at him shocked for a moment before attempting to pull away only for his grasp on my wrists to tighten, "Let me go!" I yell at him and he laughs before pulling my face to his and whispers, "You tell no one, you act happy or it gets worse." he says and gets up before leaving my room. I stay sat on my bed and slowly lift my shaking hand up to the red mark forming on my cheek.

Flashback ends

I stay curled up into I hear the door close behind him. I slowly get up and sit on my bed slowly before lifting my top to see my already bruised stomach turning red from the fresh punch and kicks. I sigh before moving so I'm laid on my back and slowly fall asleep, ignoring the pain that had become a daily routine for me.

Josh's POV

I walked into my brothers place and yelled, "Hey family!" and hear footsteps and a second later see Auggie who yells, "Joshie!" I repond immediately and pick him up, "Auggie!" before placing him on my shoulders, "Aren't you getting a bit big for this?" I ask, realising how much he's grown in the past years. "Never!" he responds indignantly and I chuckle. "Ma brotha!" Cory yells as he walks up to me, "Ma brotha!" I respond before plopping Auggie down on the chair. "Hi Uncle Josh" Riley says and gives me a hug, "Hey Riley." I respond, surprised Maya isn't with her. "Hey, Riley, where's your twin. I swear you two have been joined at the hip." I say and she laughs for a second before going serious and shrugging, "I don't know Josh, I haven't seen her for a few days." she says before sitting down and taking her phone out. Probably texting Maya. I very subtly walked past her and saw she was on a group chat and that everyone had answered but Maya. That wasn't like her at all...

--Thanks for reading! What did you guys think? There will be more of Josh's POV in Part 2. I hope you enjoyed and have a great day!--