Chapter 20

Si-A's Pov

"Why doesn't she knows? He obviously likes her. Right?" Grandma said as we watched the tv.

There's no way Hwa-Young likes me. I stared at nothing while being deep in my thoughts. She said that because she liked me!? I thought as I remember when she said I was pretty.

Then mom and I sighed at the same time. Grandma looked at us weirdly. "What's with you two?" She asked. Is it best to avoid her altogether? But is that even possible?

I run into her every day. Wait, why am I troubled over this? No way. I doubt that she likes me. "I do like you, you fool!" The guy on the tv shouted.

"Oh no!" Mom and I shouted at the same time which made grandma jumped. "Why are you two getting upset? He made it obviously, he liked her." Grandma said.

"I need to go to my room and rest." Mom said as I replied. "Me too." I said. We both go to our own rooms and slammed the door.

___________________

Hwa-Young Pov

So, last night U-Young told me what happened between him and Ms Jung. Now, we're waiting outside for Si-U to come out. Also, we brought the clothes we borrowed from him.

Then Ms Jung walked out. She just stood there looking at U-Young. That's when Si-A's grandma walked out as well. "Oh." She said as U-Young and I bowed and said our greetings.

"What are you doing here so early?" Ms Jung asked U-Young rudely causing Si-A's grandma to look at her. "Oh, here. They're Si-U's clothes from yesterday." U-Young said as he gave the bag with Si-U's clothes we borrowed.

"You didn't have to bring it so early. It's nuisance for both of us." Ms Jung replied. U-Young and I looked at her weirdly. "What's wrong?" Si-A's grandma asked her daughter.

"I'm late. I have to go." Ms Jung said as she rolled her eyes and walked away. "What's with her? It's probably because she's late. You two should go to school." Si-A's grandma said.

"Okay." I said as I smiled. Then Si-A walked out and looked at me then looked away. "Si-A, you're not late today." I smiled at her.

"Why do you care if I'm late or not?" She asked as my smile faded. When did she became so rude? She was fine last night. "How can you be so mean? That hurts." I said.

"It's nothing to get hurt over." She said and walked away. "What's with those two?" Her grandma asked. "Sorry, did you guys waited long?" Si-U asked as he walked out.

"Not at all." U-Young replied. "We'll get going now." I told his grandma. "Alright, run along." She said. Then we all walked together with arms around each other.

_________________

Next day, U-Young and I finally arrived at the party that Mr Ko threw. We were just walking and looking around when I saw U-Young stared at something or someone.

When I followed his gaze, I saw Ms Jung. "Hey, you go. I'll keep looking around." I told him and he nodded.

I kept looking around for a couple of minutes. Then I saw Si-A and Bo-Bae and I waved at them. Bo-Bae waved back but Si-A looked annoyed.

"We need to talk." She told me as she walked to me. "Me?" I asked but she kept on walking. We continued walking until we eventually stopped at a garden looking place with a bunch of lights on the trees.

"Hwa-Young, let me ask straight up. Do you like me?" She asked. "Well, yes I do." I answered truthfully which made her looked up at me. "Well, I'm sorry. I can't return the feelings." She said.

"What? Do you like someone else?" I asked her. "Yes." She said while nodding. "Who is it?" I asked. "It's w-well i-its uh- um." She started.

"It's okay. You can tell me." I told her. "It's No-in." She replied looking down. I gasped lightly and smiled secretly. I chuckled and said "it's okay. Just promise me one thing." I said as I put both my hands on her shoulder.

"What is it?" She asked as she looked up again. "Promise me you tell her how you feel." I told her. "How am I supposed to do that!? She's in America." She asked.

"Just text her or give her a call." I said. "You think that'll work?" She asked and I nodded while smiling. "Thanks, Hwa-Young. I like you as a friend. You've helped me a lot these past few months." She said as she hugged me.

"There, there." I said as I pat her head. She pulled away from the hug and smiled. I can't believe she likes me! Well, No-in of course. But still!!

___________________

"What in the world does Si-A see in that guy?" U-Young asked as we watched Si-A and Bo-Bae took a picture with Ji Hun all happy. "Tell me about it." I replied.

"U-Young." Someone said next to him. Then we saw Ms Jung as we turned to her. "May, I talk to you for a second?" She asked. U-Young looked at me. "Ah, sure go ahead. I don't mind." I said and they walked away.

I walked to the other side of the party to see Ms Ok, Ms Chu and Mr Ko there. "Oh, dad." I said. "Hey, Ms Ok, Ms Chu." I greeted as I bowed. "What are you doing here?" Mr Ko asked.

"Am I not supposed to be here? Is this an adult talk?" I asked sarcastically. "Oh, Ms Jung?" Ms Ok said as he looked at the rooftop. Then we saw U-Young kissed Ms Jung.

Our eyes widen again and gasped as we saw Ms Jung slapped U-Young and ran away. Then, Mr Ko looked at Ms Ok and back to the rooftop with his eyes widen. Ms Chu quickly ran after Ms Jung.

__________________

The next day, I was at school. U-Young left a while ago before school even started. I saw Si-A struggling to wipe the board so I chuckled and walked to her.

I held her hand as I helped her wiped the board since I'm taller. She turned and looked at me. "What?" She asked as she looked up at me. "I'm volunteering. Since I'm taller." I teased her.

"Are you teasing me? You do it then." She said and walked away leaving me there smiling like an idiot. "Guys, fill up this survey on your career goals and hand it in." One of Si-A's friend said as she walked in.

I sat down and she gave me one after I'm done wiping the board. I looked as I thought. Then I remembered Si-A said one of the doctor uniforms was cool, so I wrote down my name and my career goal which is a doctor.

___________________

Chapter 20 ✅