Chapter 9

Hwa-Young Pov

Si-A and I sat down on a bench as we made it to the hospital rooftop. There were pretty lights around the fence in front of us.

"Thanks for what you did today. I thought No-in was the only one who did that to me." She said with a chuckle. "How badly were you stressed out that you ended up passing out?" I asked her.

"I'm fine. I'm not stressed." She told me. "Si-A. You always kept thing to yourself whenever something is wrong." I said. "How did you know?" She asked in confusion.

"Uhh, I-i guessed." I said while slightly panicking. "I might not be able to fix your problems but I can still listen. So talk to me when things are tough." I told her.

"Thank you, Hwa-Young." She said. "You don't need to thank me again." I said while slightly smiling. Then we fell into a comfortable silent until she spoke up.

"Those doctor uniforms are cool don't you think?" She asked me while looking at the doctors talking. "Yeah, they are." I answered while following her gaze.

________________

"If you aren't gonna drink, then why did you come?" Mr Ko asked U-Young and gave me a shot of soju. " You didn't sound too well." U-Young answered coldly.

"What about you? You don't sound to well yourself." I said to him after I took a shot of soju. "Da Jeong said she doesn't need me anymore." He replied making Mr Ko and I paused and looked at him.

As time flies by, we just stayed in a comfortable silent.

Until Mr Ko turned around and looked at the tv. "Da Jeong! Da Jeong!" He said as he pat U-Young's back. We saw that Ms Jung was doing an interview with Ye Ji Hun.

We watch the tv as everyone complimented Ms Jung. "Da Jeong is just fine living by herself. You should do that too." Mr Ko said as he looked at U-Young.

"How can I do that right now?" He asked. "Then will you come to the final arbitration?" I asked him.

"No"

________________

The next morning, I got ready for school and went to Si-A's favorite place to buy her breakfast.

Once I bought it went to school. We were walking to class when suddenly I had to use the bathroom. "Hey, give this to them. I need to use the bathroom." I told him.

"Arasso." He said and walked into class.
___________________

U-Young Pov

I walked into class and gave Si-A and her friends their food that Hwa-Young bought.

"What is this?" Si-A asked me coldly. "You shouldn't skip breakfast." I said to her. "You sound like a dad." She said. Because I am!

"There's a lot so you guys can share." I told them. "That's our favorite place. Thanks SD Boy." One of Si-A's friend said.

"Actually Hwa-Young bought them. So you should thank her. She should be here in few minutes. Enjoy!" I said while smiling.

"That's Si-A's favorite." Bo-Bae said as they talked to themselves while I took my seat. "Exactly, how did she know?" Her other friend said.

___________________

Hwa-Young Pov

After I used the bathroom I walked into class to see Si-A and her friends eating. I took my seat and they looked at me.

"Thank you, Hwa-Young. U-Young told us you got them for us." One of Si-A's friend said. "Yeah, thank you." Si-A said with her cute smile.

"You're welcome and don't talk when your mouth is full." I told them as they nodded. So I turned back to see U-Young with his proud father smile.

He nodded at me signalling thank you for taking care of Si-A. I nodded back.

_________________

It's self-study time right now. So I just did my science homework I forgot to do.

"Stop snoring Hwang Yeong Seon." Mr Choi said which made the whole class laughed silently. "I'm tired, Mr Choi! Tell us about your first love." She said as she put her hands up in the air.

"Don't be silly. Go wash your face." He replied. "Come on Mr Choi. Tell us." Bo-Bae said. Which made whole class chanting "First Love!" A few times.

"Alright. I got it. Stop. Okay, fine." He said annoyed which made the class stopped chanting."So, my first love was a girl from high school." He said which made the class whispered to their friends.

U-Young looked annoyed. "There's this movie I watch with her. I still can't forget that day. It has been on my mind. I was very naive back then. I was to nervous to even hold her hand." He explained.

"What would have happened If I held her hand that day. But you know what? I'm seeing my first love again." He continued as the students started to whispered to each other again and started clapping.

"Be quiet. Get back to studying." He said to us. "Yes sir!" We all shouted. When I looked back at U-Young he was glaring at Mr Choi and broke his pencil in half which made my eyes widen.

After class, everyone was out except for Si-A, Bo-Bae, U-Young and I. We heard her talking to her talking to Bo-Bae but I didn't what to bother so I walked out. But U-Young stopped me while grabbing my shoulder.

Then he suddenly shouted. "What!? He wasn't her first love!?" He shouted which made Si-A and her friend jumped and turned around.

"You startled me." Si-A said. "Sorry for him. We'll be out." I quickly apologized and walked out while dragging U-Young. "You go ahead. I'll be home later." He said. "Alright." I responded.

___________________

We were now at home just sitting on the couch till Mr Ko walked in. "Why did you do that to Da Jeong?" He said which made us very confused.

"What are you taking about?" U-Young asked him as Mr Ko sat down. "The reunion. Don't you remember?" Mr Ko asked. "The reunion?" U-Young said.

Mr Ko then started to explained to us what happened at the reunion. Now, I know why Ms Jung wanted divorce. I felt bad as U-Young started crying.

"She knew you lied about your business trip to Busan. She said...... She can't trust you anymore." Mr Ko said to U-Young but he just ran his fingers through his hair.

____________________

Chapter 9 ✅