My Imagination Hurts

Fire! The fire was everywhere the naked eye could cover. A young boy of ten years old glanced around begging any being that may be listening to give him a chance to get out, or to even get to his mother that lay somewhere in the raging inferno.

Hearing a scream somewhere to his left he darted in between falling debris towards the desperate voice. The boy was no fool. He knew he was only ten years old and likely wouldn't be able to do much to stop this fire, but like any child he sought the comfort of his mother under distress at any cost.

As the house began to crumble around the boy the flash of a massive shadow caught his eye. It seemed to be stalking him. He stared in the direction of the black mass slowly taking a step back, but a cry of his name took his attention. A second cry followed and the familiar voice of his mother caused him to take off in the opposite direction of the shadow stalker. He desperately wanted to make it to the safety of his mother's arm. Only she could protect him from his enemy in the shadows of that he was certain.

Coming around the corner the little boy saw his mother who was searching frantically under debris. Clearly whatever she was missing was something precious, but when her eyes fell upon him her search stopped and a flood of relief filled her face.. Considering the building was burning down this was not what the little boy expected when she pulled the boy into a hug patting his body clearly searching for signs of injury, "Orion, thank the Gods! Come to Mommy, I am going to get us out of here."

The frightened boy shook his head up and down in relief. His mother always had a plan, and the language that she spoke may have been alien to him, but it didn't matter if she was going to get him out of this nightmare. She was chanting quickly, and waving her hands in complicated motions as if trying to paint an image in the air.

The fire was spreading at a rapid paste, and the young boy watched his mother desperately hoping she had a plan . Just when he was getting ready to beg his mother to do something she spun around to face the massive shadow that had closed the distance drastically between the fire and the little boy. She growled in anger at what stood before them, and with a flick of her wrist a golden wall appeared between the shadow and the little family. For the first time Orion heard the stalker, and it sounded like a truck rumbling through the downtown streets. Before the shadow could decide to test the golden wall the woman picked the boy up with ease, and took off with an inhuman speed. He always knew his mom was strong, having been able to carry him around when he was little, but all things considering this was amazing.

Carrying the frightened young man the brave woman ducked, dodged, and weaved through the fire expertly as the building began to collapse around them. She buried the young boy's head into her shoulder so he could see no more, but suddenly he felt a crash into the wall, and heard a shattering of glass, then there was nothing, but falling.

No matter how short the fall may have been in the terrified young boys mind it seemed they had fallen a long way. However the impact of the ground never came, but his mom had begun running again, and he realized it must not have been very far as she was already moving again in the fresh air. Clearly the mom thought the fire was not the only danger they needed to escape from. She knew distance needed to be added between her son, and his shadow stalker, so stopped for nothing as she charged down the street.

Rain fell from the sky harder than the young boy had ever seen before. It came down so fast he could hardly see the businesses across the street as they crossed into the small town area. The woman slowed to a walk and after a few minutes the woman turned into an alleyway sitting her son down heaving for breath. The little boy stayed closed to the woman as rain soaked him head to toe. She asked him, "Orion are you okay?"