iii. starlight

「So you and Thena huh?」

(3rd person pov)

From far away she watched the three friends, who've just met each other today, bonding like old friends. They were giggling and smiling and chatting around, starting with the wonders of earth to Makkari and Druig to philosophical topics. As the others were signing and sightseeing, the only thing on her mind was Thena. Some how, Artemis was immediately attracted to that woman, as if they've met prior to the Domo, as if they were the pair that was meant to be, as if they belong to each other... 

The way she moved gracefully and elegantly, the depth of her eyes so deep it felt like drowning, the soft tone she spoke in, everything all of them is plaguing this young girl's mind. Artemis looks around 18, 19, probably the second youngest Eternal, not that the age really matters. 

"So you and Thena huh?" asked Sprite, suddenly appearing beside the older girl. 

"How did you-"

"You were star gazing into each other's eyes every other second," said Sprite, making a rolled her eyes. 

"It's nothing. She probably just sees me as a child."

"It's nothing, uh huh," mocked Sprite

"There's just something drawing me to her I guess..." 

"Well you two will look great together."

"So you and Ikaris huh? Or is it Sersi?" mimicked Artemis as she chuckles.

Of course, sprite gave her an eye roll. 

"Be careful, if you roll it too much it will get stuck"

From that Artemis earned a playful slap, probably deserved it. 

The pair reunited with the others, after Kingo shouting at them for being a "slowpoke". As the group walked back together, joking around, they bonded even more. Although they've only just met today, it felt like they've been a family for millennials

The sky is starting to darken into the beautiful blackness with tiny sparkles, indicating the vast world above them. A pearl-like grey globe, hanging above, looking after everyone when they fall asleep. 

Back on the Domo, Thena was no where to be found. Despite the fact that Artemis was visibly disappointed, she shrugged it off, telling herself it isn't her business where Thena is. She swiftly :) went to her bedroom and let sleep consume her. 

Before she closed her eyes, the question stuck in her head and perhaps others' heads at the moment is: what was Olympia like? 

ANZHELIKA SPEAKING:

and that's the wrap for the first scene!
it's a little long but it's probably because I chopped it up into three chapters... anyways, I'll do this in chronological order of the events, and when Eternals 2 comes out, I'll hopefully write a sequel in again chronological order. 

for fun: what is your favourite Eternal other than Thena? 

mine's Makkari : )