i. willow

「 it's time 」

A gold orb enters Ajak's chest as she announced to us. I slowly opened my eyes, blinking twice to adjust to the surroundings. In the middle of a pond of crystals was a red statue. We were all wearing the same outfit, a grey vest connected to either a flowing dress or pants. On my left was a young girl with short orange hair. A few years younger than me. Next was a man with chestnut brown hair. My eyes continued scanning around the circle we're sitting at until they landed at an older woman with striking blond hair and eyes filled with a mixture of emotions I couldn't quite grasp on. 

I slowly got up, and walked towards the circular wall covered with carvings of symbols and patterns. "man" "son" "gods" "planets". The carvings started to light up into dim gold as we all stood to the wall. It felt like a first instinct to walk to the certain spot I'm now standing on. Slowly, a suit of light orange and yellow overtook my original plain outfit. My eyes travelled back to the woman but caught her staring at me. Quickly, she diverted her eyes towards the floor and towards the pair by the window. 

I wanted to go to her yet my mind told me not to. My legs seems to not care at all and started travelling towards her. I walked to a spot close enough to her but stood there and stared at the ground, my mouth not cooperating. Breaking the silence, she whispered, "hi." 

Her voice quickly captured me, my eyes glanced back to her, getting loss in her eyes. Her eyes was where fire and water meet, cerulean with a mess of black, melancholy with reasons unknown to the world. 

"you're staring," she said, chuckling. Her laughter, soft and hoarse, felt like honey to hear. 

"sorry," I replied sheepishly, my eyes glancing back at the floor. 

"it's okay," she said and added, "i'm Thena." 

Thena. Thena. 

I set my eyes back on her, once again taking in her features. She has a really sharp jawline you know... 

"Artemis. i'm artemis."

"artemis."

"so... are you excited?"

"more curious than excited I think. you?"

I tilted my head, pondering for a while and answered, "a bit of both"

Our short conversation was cut short by the view of Earth. She held her hand out, her eyes with a melancholy expression that I can't quite get a grip on. I took her offer, and together we slowly approached the window. 

ANZHELIKA SPEAKING:

and that's the first chapter! it was a bit short but  felt like if i added more it will be too rushing.