U-Turn - CHAPTER 55

Začít od začátku

"He was what?" Annalise demanded. Marcelo looked at her. He took a deep, shaky breath.

"He was... pregnant."

Everyone froze at the same time.

"Marcelo, you have a child?"

Marcelo nodded. "Remi was four months when I uh... when I left. When I was gone, I was counting down the days until his due date. The baby's a boy, and he's two now. I saw him in the store too. He was with Remi. He... looks just like me." Marcelo chuckled sadly. The others smiled sadly as well.

"I want to see him." Ainsley spoke up.

"I know. I want to see him again too. I have to make things right with Remi first. I'm going to him once I leave here."

"What are you waiting for? Go. I'll finish talking to you when you get back. This conversation is far from over, but you have things more important to do," Annalise said. Marcelo nodded. He stood up and gave everyone one last look before he then left the cafe and rushed back to his car.

As he was driving to Remi's apartment, it began to rain. Marcelo cursed knowing that he didn't have an umbrella. Just his luck, as soon as he arrived, the rain began falling harder and there were no empty parking spots that were close to Remi's apartment.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." he cursed.

He could do it. He could make the run.

So that's what he did. Or at least that's what he was about to do. Just as he went to get out of the car, he saw a guy hop out of the driver's seat of a car with an umbrella in his hand. He went around to the passenger side and opened the door. A small figure hopped out. Remi. The guy was way taller than Remi. As far as Marcelo could tell, he was good looking too.

The guy held the umbrella over the back seat, and Remi opened it and pulled a little guy out. The baby. Remi smiled up at the guy before the three walked through the breezeway and into Remi's apartment. Marcelo let out a breath of defeat. It was too late. Remi'd already moved on.

Marcelo sighed before he turned his car back on and pulled out of the parking lot. As he did so, he pulled out his phone and dialed Damon's number. Damon answered just as quickly as he had before. But this time, he greeted Marcelo first.

"Hey, man." Marcelo greeted back.

"Why do you sound so down?"

"Why didn't you tell me that Remi moved on?"

"What in the world are you talking about?"

"He... He's with someone else. I just saw him and the baby walk into the apartment with another man with them."

"Wha..." A few seconds passed before Damon then went on to ask, "What did he look like?"

"Tall, brunette, fair skin."

It took a few seconds for Damon to connect the dots, but when he did, he burst out laughing.

"What is it?" Marcelo questioned. Damon kept laughing like a hyena. "Dude, what is it?"

"You... You're serious right now?"

"Of course I am. I just saw the love of my life walk inside of his house with another man."

"Dude... that's the love of my life. The guy that you saw is my husband. He and Remi must've just gotten off from work. They both had shifts at the library today. His name is Jaxon."

Marcelo slammed on the breaks. He was just about to leave the apartment complex. He never did a u-turn so fast.

"Since when did you get a husband?"

"While you were on your hiatus from life. That's when."

"I have a lot to catch up on, don't I?"

"Yes, you do. Wow, that was funny." Damon took a deep breath to calm down. "Turn that car back around and go to Remi."

"I already am." Marcelo said before he hung up. He'd already arrived back at Remi's apartment.

Hopping out of his car, Marcelo ran down the sidewalk. As he was running, he saw the guy that Remi came in with walking past. Their eyes met briefly. Jaxon's eyes went wide, but he quickly composed himself and looked away. It was really Marcelo. He wanted to warn Remi, but Marcelo was running fast.

He ran all the way, not stopping until he was inside of the breezeway of Remi's apartment. He was soaking wet by then, water dripping from him. He wrung the water out of his clothes the best that he could before he walked up to Remi's apartment door.

Now or never.

Taking in a deep breath, Marcelo raised a shaky hand. Letting out a deep breath, he pulled his hand back before tossing it forward, landing it on Remi's door once, twice, three times.

It felt like time was moving in slo-mo in the seconds that it took for Marcelo to put his hand down to the time that it took for the door to open, revealing a beautiful, beautiful Remi.

"H-Hi."