PART 6

Back at the hotel, Sam and Josh helped you carry in your bags. Josh exited the room.

"I'm not gonna lie here, I don't know if I should leave or not." Sam laughed.

"You can stay." You said, taking off your shoes.

Sam sat on the bed next to you. You rested your head on his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around you. You sighed as a tear streamed down your face.

"Why?" He asked.

"I'm happy." You said. "I've never been this happy."

Sam smiled. "I'm happy that you're happy."

"You can't have this sweater back. It's mine." You joked.

"And you can't have your heart back. It's mine." Same pulled you closer.

You laid back on the bed, thinking about the day. The clock showed 1:36 AM. "What time are we leaving?" You asked.

"We're here until 11 am. Technically tomorrow. More than 24 hours." Sam said.

"Oh okay. I have time to get comfortable." You said.

"Yeah, but not too comfortable." He laughed.

"Want to sleep in here?" You asked him.

"Yeah. If that's okay with you." He said. "I'll need to go get my stuff."

"And I need to organize my stuff." You laugh.

"Can I kiss you?" Sam asked, turning his head.

You nodded. He placed a soft peck on your cheek and then stood up. "I'll be back."

"Wait!" You said.

You handed him a key to the room. "Oh. So, like, this is my room too?"

"Yeah." You smiled, shyly.

Sam smiled. He walked out and shut the door behind him.

You quickly undressed from the wet jeans and put on a pair of sweatpants the boys had bought you. You kept Sam's sweater on. You opened the suitcase and started to rip the tags off. You put the little tag on it that held the name card. You wrote your name on it as well as Sam's, just in case. You unpacked all the new items from the plastic bags from the store and started organizing them. You folded the clothes neatly, set the hygiene supplies aside, and at the bottom, found something you didn't pick out.

A necklace. It was gold colored. It had three charms. One was what looked like to be some sort of bar of agate. One was a golden star, the other a circle with 7 cubic zirconia stones. It was so pretty. You set it down on the bed, closing its box. You heard a knock on the door.

You look through the peep hole. Sam was standing with his suitcase. "You don't have to knock." You said as you opened the door.

"I just didn't want to come in and interrupt you." He said. "Oh you found it. I got this for you."

He handed you the box you had sat down on the bed. "It's not real gold or diamond, but the inside  of the box really meant a lot and I figured you might like it."

You took it and sat down on the bed. You looked once again, this time looking at the box. The inscription of the box. 'Change is inevitable, growth is optional' it said. You smile. "Thank you. It's beautiful."

You take the necklace out of its box. You struggle to put it on. Sam comes behind you and clasps it for you. "This will remind you that not all change is bad." He said.

You laid back on the bed and closed your eyes. "I'm so tired." You said.

"Go to sleep." Sam said. "I'll be here." He said, pulling his new book out. He rested his back against the headboard and tied his long hair up in a bun.

"Promise?" You asked.

"I swear." He smiled.