Qian Xi's Secret

You spent the rest of the day in bed with Xiao Kai. Surprisingly, Xiao Kai was all well the next day. Everything resumed as it is but you realized that something was off. Qian Xi was too quiet. He is normally the quiet one but he is only like that in public. When he is around the four of you, he would be as crazy as Wang Yuan and Xiao Kai. The two of them ran ahead with Aria and left you with Qian Xi.

"Qian Xi, is everything alright? Do you have anything to tell us? "you asked with a concerned face. You walked in front of him and tried to look into his eyes but he looked away.

"No. It's nothing."he said with a cold face.

"But-"you wanted to ask him more questions but he stopped you from doing so.

"Let's hurry up if not we'll be late for school."Qian Xi said as he ran towards the school.

You slowly caught up to him but you were still distracted during class because of him. You were told by the teacher for staring into space but you just shrugged it off. Before you knew it, it was already after school. You were walking back to the hostel while Xiao Kai Wang Yuan and Aria fooled around in front of the two of you.

"You know if you have something on your mind, you can talk to me about it. I'll be glad to listen to you." you told him while walking beside him.

"What makes you think I would tell you? "he asked you with one eyebrow raised.

"Because we're friends and you've also helped me ever since the day I came here so I would be glad to help you."you said pushing him towards the other three,"If you really don't want to tell me then I'll try and forget about it."

You may have said that but you really want to know what was on his mind. You pretended to smile and have fun but his secret was still troubling you. You spent almost the whole night thinking about it and you just couldn't sleep. You thought a glass of fresh milk would help you sleep but it made it worse. When you headed downstairs, you saw Qian Xi leaving a note on the dining table with a suitcase beside him. He looked sad and depressed.

"Qian Xi? What are you doing? "You asked as you ran down the stairs.

You accidentally tripped on a mat and almost fell but Qian Xi caught you in his arms. You felt his heartbeat beating quite fast but your heart beat was much faster than his. You jumped away and blushed bright pink.

"Sorry."you said.

"It's okay. "Qian Xi said as he tried to hide the note.

"What is that? What were you planning to do? You weren't leaving were you? "you asked him with a concerned look.

"N-Nothing. "Qian Xi said crumpling the piece of paper.

"Qian Xi, I know I don't want us to worry but you have to tell us. We need to know."you pleaded him to tell you with an eager face.

"I told you, it's-"Qian Xi tried to cover it up but you knew it was something.

"I know you're hiding something from us. The reason I am here now is because I'm worried. Qian Xi, tell me. I-I don't want my best friend to be sad."you said as you pleaded him again. He let out a deep sigh as he gave in.

"Fine. The truth is as it seems. I'm leaving for Beijing. My family is there and they want me to be there as well."Qian Xi said looking away.

"Y-You're leaving? "you asked once again.

"Yes I am. I'm leaving tonight."Qian Xi said grabbing his suitcase. He was about to walk out the door but you grabbed his suitcase and looked at him in the eye.

"If you're leaving, I'm leaving as well. Wait for me, I'll go with you."you said unwilling to let go.

"What about Xiao Kai and the others? "Qian Xi asked looking away.

"I'm just going to Beijing with you for awhile. I'll come back once I know you are there because you want to."you replied slowly letting go. Qian Xi let out another sigh before sitting down on the living room.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Hurry or I'll be late for my flight. We can buy your ticket at the airport.

"Wait for me okay."you said as you quickly ran to your room and dumped the essentials that you needed in your suitcase.

After you got your suitcase, you left out of Xiao Kai's room and snuck in. You tried your best to not making any sounds that would wake them up. You walked beside Wang Yuan and gave him a hug. After that, you walked beside Xiao Kai and stared at him sleeping for a few seconds before sliding my hand over his forehead and kissed it. You gave him another hug before heading downstairs. Qian Xi left another note on the dining table.

"Let's go."Qian Xi said as he walked out of the house.

You quickly caught up with him and walked beside him. You bought your ticket at the airport and your seat was right next to Qian Xi.

On the plane, you were so tired that you fell asleep and you leaned your head on his shoulder without knowing. Qian Xi just smiled at you and stroke your hair.

"Xiao Kai was right about everything. You are cute 24/7. Even when you're sleeping."Qian Xi quietly whispered to himself and a air hostess looked at the two of you and said.

"Awww. The two of you are so cute together. Is she your girlfriend?"the air hostess asked Qian Xi and he blushed before replying.

"No she's not. She's my best friend's girlfriend but I still love her even though she does not love me back."Qian Xi said smiling even though it wasn't something good for him.

"Too bad. It is very sweet of you to still love her. She must be a very lucky girl and your best friend must be a very lucky guy."the air hostess said before walking away.

"Yes. Yes they are. "said Qian Xi quietly to himself while stoking your hair.