22|| Only for you

Start from the beginning

Elijah only smiled, facing the brunt of her ire, "Hmm? What gave you that idea?"

Sophia's grip around the purse tightened even more. The urge to hit him with it was so so strong. Sophia felt hot, embarrassed and conflicted, she gestured around angrily, "It sure as hell seems like it!"

Elijah shook his head with a sigh, disagreeing, "Are you mad at me?"

Sophia scowled, why on earth would she be? She was more mad at the fact that he pretended to be unaware, completely ignorant to being the cause of her problems back then, even capitalizing off the issue himself, like the God damn opportunist he was!

Plus how on earth would she manage in the coming days. He planned to stay in the appartment right next to hers.

"Why? Why do this? Why now?" Sophia asked again, leaning her back against the door, wanting nothing more than to pull on her well done braids.

"Why not?" Was his curt reply.

Sophia's scowl deepened, "Answer the fucking question you–!"

Elijah chuckled, much to her rising annoyance and took a step foward, closing in on her.

"Truth to be told Sophia," he replied, taking measured yet deliberate steps. "–I only wanted to be closer to you." He spoke slowly, as if he wanted her to hear every word. "Is it bad that I want to keep a special eye on you... after what happened the last time, specifically with those irresponsible friends of yours."

Sophia gasped, the first part of his sentiments floated into her brain like a soft puffy clouds, it was only the latter part that had her mouth dropping open, "My friends are not irresponsible!"

"From what I've witnessed, it's enough for me to draw up that conclusion."

"Here's a word you probably never heard in your entire life, -you're wrong Osoro," Sophia hissed, shaking her head.

"And you're just dodging the question! Is it not enough that I'm with you everyday at work? Now I have to-" Go to bed knowing you're only a door away? Sophia swallowed the rest of her words, mostly because saying it aloud would've given away exactly how she truly felt currently, under all her anger and embarrassment.

Mr. Osoro was now her next door neighbor. That sentence alone brought enough weight that even her shoulders felt heavy.

He was just too impulsive!

Did she have to see him everyday from now on? Not only at work but in her own complex?  He wasn't the type to sit around wherever she was concerned. He was literally monopolizing all her time to himself like the staunch successful businessman he was. Could this all be apart of some well put together plan of his? ...Just knowing he was going to be there was already enough to have her skin tingly and her body restless.

Plus, what if others found out and began questioning? What if her tenants spotted him, curious about the newcomer, and knew who he was by some out of this world miracle.

Sophia's gaze got even more complicated.

"I can hear you thinking Sophia," he leaned down, his hands rising to caress both sides of her cheeks gently. His face was only inches away from hers, expression soft and comforting. "I told you not to do any of that tonight."

Sophia's eyes widened a bit, she swallowed dryly and looked away. Sometimes it was as if he could stare into her soul.

"Plus..." his hands were on her chin, tilting her head to look back at him once more, "I only want to be close to you Sophia, the woman I like, why can't I be."