(2) EVIL BLONDES FOR THE WIN

Start from the beginning

I immediately blush: this it not subtle at all, Leah - you only just met the girl, who might as well not be interested in you, and you're already throwing yourself under the bus...

In the meantime, Lia smirks and only answers:

"Sure, why not?"

And just like that, I've made my first 'friend' on campus outside of my faculty, and something told me we would not leave each other's sides before a long, long time...

Those are just impressions, I think to myself, frowning. 

***

Lia Wälti

***

INGRID

The storm has come earlier than expected, and the storm was a blonde woman with bright blue eyes: Frida Roflö, aka my absolute nemesis.

The sound of her heels resonate in the whole office, where most of my Times colleagues were just staring at me, as if they all knew I was the one pissing her off that much. The article my section wrote actually was a banger, and The Times was sold at a record number in a single day, a record that was set two years ago, already by me. The director, a tight and serious British guy that was almost never here, really was a fan of my way of putting my ovaries on the table and literally breaking protocols and diplomatics compliances, so I was lucky on that side. As for my two younger colleagues and apprentices, they workshop me - and for cause. 

Frida Roflö walks by my desk, only ordering:

"Engen, a word."

Smirking, and making sure I'd take my time to piss her off even more, I slowly walk inside the empty conference room under the mocking eyes of Sakina and Jordyn, who were working at their own desks.  

As soon as I close the door behind me, the angry blonde in an elegant suit crosses her arms against her chest and declares:

"We have a problem, and you're at the heart of it: by breaking protocols between our two employers, you've drawn a lot of public attention on them both - and not good publicity. Do you even consider the consequences of your actions?"

"Oh, please: you're only mad because I was faster than you and stole the show" I only respond, still as arrogant as I like to be.

I can see from her face changing that she was simultaneously coldly angry and emotionless, as her blue irises are trying to break my walls down - oh, honey, you're not the first one to try, but you won't be the first to succeed, I think to myself, amused.

She can see my compliant and mocking smile, so she says:

"I wouldn't laugh much longer is I were you: you shouldn't have put yourself in my way, 'cause I will destroy you, and reveal all of your secrets, because I am sure there is something evil inside of you, Engen."