"What are you doing?"

I look up as Matt looks at me with a curious expression. I stand up and he looks at my stomach. I fidget a little.

"Hey, Matt... long time no see."

"Yeah. What are you doing?"

"R is crying in there so... I thought I'd... I don't know..." I laugh humorlessly. "I don't really know. I can tell something happened when he went back. I know he doesn't want to talk right now, so I'll let it be but... I know he's suffering."

"He'll tell you. He's going to have to... He was just trying to stay strong for me." He says, looking away. "Dumb brother."

"Are you okay?"

"No... but R needs to tell you guys, not me. I can't... I just needed to go to the bathroom."

"There's a second one down the other way."

He nods and turns around when I smell an odd smell and find myself grabbing his arm. I pull him to me and sniff at him.

"What the hell?"

"What's that odd smell? You smell really weird..." I say, sniffing him. I push him against the wall, intoxicated by the smell. It was almost as alluring as R. "God, you smell divine..."

"Dude, stop it, right now or I'm going to stab you." He growls.

I continue to sniff until I get to the sleeve of his shirt and find a speck of blood there. I sniff it and I feel this urge course through my body. I feel my teeth starting to elongate when I feel and hand on my forehead. I look up, finding R looking at me with a tired expression.

"R..." I say, my teeth feeling weird.

"Matt, change your shirt. Some of dad's blood is on it." He says stoically.

Matt looks at where I was sniffing and gasps, taking the shirt off immediately and throwing it on the floor. He leaves the hallway and I look up at Ramey as he just stares at me.

"Control yourself." He says, taking his hand from my forehead.

I shake my head in confusion, not sure why I was so drawn to that spot.

"Why was your dad's blood on that shirt?"

"Because it was the shirt I wore when I found him. I guess I wasn't careful and didn't throw that shirt away when I threw everything else out." He looks at me. "I guess Dad was right and he wasn't normal either..."

I turn my head and reach up to him, touching his face. He pulls away and pushes me from him.

"Leave me alone."

"Ramey."

"I just want to rest."

"R."

"What?"

"Please talk to me... your body is pouring out anguish and pain and all the negative emotions you can possibly spare. I'm worried about you..."

"I'll tell you soon... I have to. Just... just not right now."

He walks away and I pick up the shirt that Matt had been wearing, finding the spot that had their dad's blood on it. I sniff it and feel that weird sensation again. I never felt that when I was around Mr. A...

****************

I find Dr. Heckler before she leaves and I touch her arm.

"Can you do something for me? Maybe?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Can you analyze this blood?"

Dr. Heckler makes a face and looks at the stain.