"Good job, buddy." Remi praised.

As Elio was focused on the lettuce in his hands, Mrs. Callum walked up to Remi and smiled.

"You're doing an amazing job at raising him, dear. Keep doing what you're doing."

"Thanks, Ma. I will." Remi nodded. He felt a sense of relief upon hearing someone tell him that he was doing the whole... parenting thing right.

Turning around, Remi led Elio back up the stairs and to the spot where they were before. Remi helped Elio open the lettuce up before helping him open the tiny door that the Guinea Pigs had that led to the inside of their little house.

"Go ahead. You know how much to give them?"

"Yah. Little bit."

"Yep. And be careful so they won't hop out."

Making sure to keep his eyes on Elio every now and then, Remi went over to the boxes that were stacked near the KidzReadz shelves. He started with the letters A-C since those were the shelves closest to where Elio was. He unpacked the books and carefully put them up on the shelf so that they wouldn't bend or tear.

Remi has always been careful with books. Think of him as Joe Goldberg—not in the aspect of stalking though of course but like how Joe is very gentle with books. Remi, like Joe, has always been careful with books because books are precious to him. Clean, nice smelling pages with fresh print on them. He treats them with as much care as he does Elio. But of course, a little bit more with Elio since Elio is his pride and joy.

Remi looked back after a few minutes and saw Elio trying to sneak another piece of lettuce into the Guinea Pigs' house.

"Remember, not too much, Eli belly. Go ahead and close their door."

Elio whined a little bit like he has been doing a lot lately. Remi's sure that it's a terrible two's thing. Remi had to get onto him a little bit but eventually, Elio closed the Guinea Pigs' door and settled in front of their house so that he could watch them.

Just as Remi was about to open the second box that he had to unpack, he saw Jaxon walking up the stairs.

"I thought you guys would never get done swallowing each other whole," Remi teased.

"Shut up, Rapunzel." Jaxon said before he came over and shoved Remi gently. Remi grinned and got back to putting the books up. "Need any help? The drop-off box is still pretty empty from when I emptied it yesterday."

"Uhh... sure. Thanks."

Jaxon hummed and helped Remi. They each took a box and spread out within the different shelves to put the books away. They chatted lightly as they did so.

"Are you ready to graduate?" Remi asked.

"Definitely. College was rough."

"No, don't tell me that," Remi chuckled. "I've only just begun."

Jaxon winced. "Hey, at least I'm being one hundred percent transparent with you. But honestly, it might not be too bad for you. You're extremely smart. That's why Little Red's so smart; Because he had two smart parents. You'll be fine."

"I hope so," Remi sighed.

"If you ever need him to sleepover at my place while you do your schoolwork, just let me know."

"Thanks, but he should be okay. He's always asleep while I'm doing my schoolwork anyway." Remi replied. "Besides, you and Damon might traumatize him with you guys's... activities."

Jaxon scoffed. "You act as if you probably don't have anyone coming over for you."

Remi stopped and looked up at Jaxon. "I don't."

It was Jaxon's turn to stop and look up. "You don't?!"

"No, why would I need someone to come over?"

"D-I-C-K."

Remi gasped. He reached back and grabbed a pillow off of the couch and threw it at Jaxon. Jaxon laughed and ducked.

"I do not do that!"

"You don't get any?" Remi shook his head, no. "Oh my gosh. You need to get laid. How have you went nearly three years without it?"

"It's called a d-i-l-d-o. That's enough for me for now."

"Hell no. We absolutely have to get you laid."

"I don't want to get laid. I want to wait until I find someone who's actually gonna stay. I don't want a repeat of three years ago. Plus, I love Eli to death, but I don't need another one of him unless the second parent is going to be involved the whole time."

"I totally understand that, but you look so stressed. I swear your shoulders haven't stopped touching your ears since I met you."

"I—" Remi frowned and looked down at his shoulders that were nowhere near his ears.

"Not literally, Remi." Jaxon chuckled. "I'm gonna find a way to get you laid."

"God, please, no."