⁕Wake-up✨Kiss⁕

Start from the beginning

"Shachi."

Single strands of his orange hair fall over his widening eyes. Their honeyed glow the brightest sunrise. Like they're showing you his heart you've hit. A blushing glow spread across his freckled cheeks.

Quickly, he hides his face, buries it in Bepo's white fur.

"Unfair," you hear him mutter, "this is so unfair..." What does he mean by that?

His name came so easily over your lips, as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

Bepo comments a loud growl that echoes in the silent cave, his paw scratching at his belly. Followed by Peng's nuzzly grumbling in his sleep as he pulls his cap down. Peng is a true morning grumpy.

When Shachi looks back up at you, there is a playful spark in his eyes. A cheeky glint in them, his lips copying that expression. Using silent lip communication, he forms the words:

'Wake him up' and points at his sleeping neighbor, rather points at his cap.

Wake Pengorou up? But how?

He doesn't mean-?!

Uncertain, you look to the sleeping man. Your eyes sliding carefully over the inscription on his cap. At the seven letters you read. Your chest burns with shame, your cheeks tingle. Do it, speak his name.

Deeply you inhale courage, daring your lips to open, forcing your vocal cords to vibrate and-

"Fish!" Bepo jumps up, shocking all of you. Then, he sadly looks at his empty paw, he was chewing it while dreaming. "No fish?"

By Neptune, your heart almost stopped!

Quickly, your heart beats beneath your hand that you've brought to your chest. It takes you a moment to collect yourself, then you can't help the amused tug of your lips.

Peng flipped over due to Bepo's rash movement, he fell on Chi and pulled him down with him. Both men on the ground. They stuck in an unhealthy position, struggling to separate. An extremely amusing sight.

Bepo wants to help them, but he doesn't know how. So he is jumping restlessly from one hind paw to the other, saying his mantra of apology. You can't stop yourself, laugh and join in his apologies, doing both at the same time. You apologize for your laughter.

The two men look at you, calling your name in a reproving tone of voice.

"Laugh all you want." You remember Chi's warm words. "I like your laugh."

It's Peng whose mischievous grin silences you.

"There's a place for you between us." He didn't say that!

He's testing you. Again.

And achieves full success, that meanie!

You pout, turn away from them, embarrassed, looking towards the cave exit. Then, Peng's hand reaches you, brushing lightly against your forearm. Your arm jerks away, he notices that. You avoid his touch.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbles sheepishly and scratches the back of his neck. "I'm an idiot."

You have nothing to add to that.

"Hey! This is the moment to disagree with me." He sounds more amused than offended.

Then, he avoids your gaze, something seems on his mind.