✾Sixty Five-Christmas Amends✾

Start from the beginning

You feel a bit sorry that Hina can't fully join in the conversation, so you decided to change the topic, but Emma got ahead of you. "Are things finally okay with you and Hiroki-kun?" Emma asks you. "Eh?" "Oh yeah, how are things with you and Hiroki-kun, Shiori-chan?" Hina questions you too. "H-How did you know, Hina-chan?" you quirked a brow at her. "I told her," Emma chuckles nervously as she scratches her cheek with her index finger.

Now you feel a bit upset about the fact that Emma would tell her about something that's a bit too personal. "I'm so sorry, Shiori-chan!" Emma apologizes to you as she moves closer and gave you a tight hug. "I'm sorry too, Shiori-chan! I didn't mean to pry on your personal affairs!" Hina apologizes as she does her hands in a praying position and bows her head. "It's fine! It's fine! You guys don't have to worry about it!" You almost panicked as you shook your head.

"So it's still awkward between you two?" Emma asks for clarification. You nodded your head and hummed in response. You didn't really tell them everything. You just said you guys fought over something, that's all. "You know..." Hina started as you and Emma turned your head to face her. "When I first saw Shiori-chan and Hiroki-kun together, I thought they were siblings." Hina giggles, "Really? In my case, I thought they were a couple!" Emma laughs.

"Now, why would you think that?" you raised a brow at Emma. "Well, for starters. You guys are really close that it's hard not to think of you two as a couple. But after becoming your friend, I soon realize that both of you are more like sister and brother." Emma giggles, "Mhm!" Hina hums in agreement. "In school, you always tutor him when he doesn't understand a thing. You scold him, you nag at him, you would hit him, and he would follow you around like you're his guardian." Emma stated with a smile on her face.

"Isn't the same thing also goes to Hanma-kun?" Hina wonders. "Oh yeah! There was this one time when Hiroki-kun almost got beaten up by a gang that's in a lower level than Toman. He did win the fight, though it was cheating since 10 of them were ganging up on him alone." Emma stated, "Eh?! That's horrible!" Hina exclaimed. "Wait! That actually happened?! When!?" you question her in shock. "It was a few days after Hanma became a member of Toman. When Hanma saw Hiroki-kun's bloodied face during the meeting, he immediately left and finished them off by himself." Emma explained causing your mouth to agape, "Hanma really cares about him, huh?" Hina smiles.

"Totally!" Emma agreed, "Ugh! Those idiots!" you grumbled. "Eh?" Emma and Hina both said in unison, "How can they be so stubborn! Starting up fights like that. Without even thinking twice of their own body. They shouldn't be so reckless." You grumbled further as Emma and Hina looks at you for a moment, not uttering a word, then suddenly burst out a laugh together. "W-What's so funny?" you stuttered, "You're like a mom, Shiori-chan!" Hina laughs. "I-It's not funny..!" you blushed a little.

After that conversation, you moved up to the original topic that Hina and Emma were supposed to talk about in the original storyline. "Hmm, I see. So, your dad went out to meet him, huh?" Emma started as she lays her chin on the palm of her hand. "That must've been a really hard on Takemichi..." Emma said softly, "Yeah..." and Hina agreed. "Still... just because your dad told him to do that..." Then, Emma found a solution. "Okay! Just leave this to me!" She declared as she stood up from her seat. "You better not do something stupid," you joked. "I am not! Stop ruining my heroic moment, Shiori-chan!" she yelled.

Emma was on the phone with Draken as you sit beside Hina on the bench. "Takemichi is really lucky to have you as his girlfriend." You started as you kicked a piece of snow off of your foot. Hina got flustered by your statement, causing her to fiddle with her fingers. "H-How come?" she blushed. "You're kind, honest, pretty, cute, modest, and courageous." You openly said without a hint of hesitation in the tone of your voice. 'Completely the opposite of me...' you thought to yourself.