Chapter Eight: Pig for Slaughter

Start from the beginning

"You're Olene Akemi?" His tone was sarcastic and heavily judging.

"And you're my recently deceased cousin's husband."

"Ex-husband." He waves away my words, "According to your grandfather, we'll be getting to know one another very soon." His words held a promise, that chilled me to my bones.

"Well, you and her grandfather can dive right off a cliff." Nezu snarls. He'd hopped up on a chair and looked ready to shove his cup of tea up the dude's nostril. "How old are you?" Nezu orders.

"You're a mouse."

"Oh, that's lovely. You can state the obvious. You must be such a catch. Your age?"

"I'm twenty."

"Also meaning that I can have you arrested if you come near my godchild again, you damn pedophile." He hisses the last bit under his breath and I don't think I ever admired someone more.

"You are making a scene." Uncle Jean was beside us instantly. "Father is displeased."

"You all are also planning to give me away like a pig for slaughter," I say slowly, turning to give my uncle a look. "I think anger is warranted here. I will not have Ronda's sloppy seconds." My harsh words were necessary yet untrue. This dude hadn't even deserved my cousin.

Her husband raises a hand as if ready to punch me.

"You lay a hand on my niece, it will be the last thing you ever do." My uncle's words were monotone as always but he'd stepped up in front of me, eyes narrowed in a threat.

"She's a bitch anyways," He marches off and I let out a sigh.

"You let Ronda wed that man?" I ask, my tone as monotone as his was.

"Unfortunately... We had not known of his aggressive tendencies prior to the marriage." Uncle Jean turns to me and gives Nezu a polite bow. "Apologies. On behalf of the Akemi family, his behavior was completely unacceptable."

Nezu shrugs and looks away, sipping his tea. "Keep him away from my godchild and we'll be fine."

"Understandable. Personally, I myself do not want him near her anymore. He shall not touch my niece."

"Thanks, Uncle Jean." My voice was soft.

If I had to choose one person out of my grandfather's minions... I'd choose Uncle Jean. He was a no-bullshit type of man. He showed emotion rarely- if never- but always defended and loved his family no matter the cost.

My uncle nods and gives my head an awkward pat before he walks away.

"Do you wish to leave?" Nezu asks me and I nod.

"Please," I hiss and Nezu looked amused. "However, we must bid farewell to grandfather first."

Nezu stares at me silently, "I hate how they forced you kids to grow up so fast."

"Me too." I give a sad smile, "I just want Qamar to avoid this."

We manage to leave the funeral, thankfully with no more issues.

Nezu and I were being driven back by my aunt. The car drive was silent.

"Father wants to make sure the two of you are fed properly before we head back to U-A." She had said and so we were heading towards a restaurant.

That was the last thing I wanted to do in the world.