Chapter Five: Olé the Bull

"Your physical traits and features are much too distinguishable. You will have to uphold a disguise when you are outside U-A grounds or the detective's house."

I listen to the police officer's words, my leg shaking miserably with the onset of anxiety I'd developed recently.

"Olene? Olene are you listening?" She asks me and I nod quickly.

She eyes slightly and then fumbles in her purse for a second. She hands me a fidget spinner and I take the cold metal from her, eyes confused.

"I have anxiety too." She smiles at me, "You can keep that." She motions and I spin it around once.... twice .... three times. The stress in my body seems to ease slightly and I keep spinning it.... again and again.

"Thank you." I whisper up at her and she nods.

She proceeds to hand me a brunette wig and brown contact lenses. She scuffles in her bag and gives me a remote like object.

It was a support item.

"It will modify your body shape." She explains and before I could swear at her in all three of the languages I was fluent in, she continues, "Your body shape is stunningly beautiful. Bodies like yours are rare. They are the talk of the town and girls with a tad more weight in them usually get the most attention despite not feeling attractive themselves." She explains this while taking notes. Her tone seemed sincere and I stare at her silently.

"It should modify your body to look like the most common body shape in the city you are in."

I grimace, staring at the objects, "What about Qamar?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Her quirk is a transmutation. Hair dye maybe? I don't think that will be needed though. Just carry the little one around in a covered up car-seat. It's very common to do so it won't be suspicious."

My eyes meet the form of my sisters on the floor beside us. She was utterly enthralled with the toys around her.

"You shall use this disguise to move into the Detectives house the day classes begin." The officer continues. "The swarm of students coming in and out with offer you enough of a cover so no one suspects anything."

The plan was simple enough. I was to remain here for another month. Recent developments caused my hospital visits to come to an abrupt halt before they even started.

Recovery Girl was monitoring my progress.

Alas I'd need the oxygen mask for the duration of the entry exam and could take it off during the first week of classes.

My voice would never be the same again. I could still talk but it'd hurt if I talked for too much or for too long.

I thank the officer as she takes her leave and then I'm left alone with Qamar.

"We never wanted to leave you guys."

"We never wanted you guys to leave." I respond to my older sister.

Jamellah smiles and sits across Qamar who couldn't see her. She reaches out a hand to touch her but her hand goes right through.

The look of pain on her face makes my heart hurt.

"I'm sorry. I should've been stronger. I could've helped. I could've saved you." I whisper.

"No. You did the right thing." She glares at me. "You managed to do what I couldn't. You saved your little sister from getting hurt." She eyes the mask on my face, wincing.

"You saved my life."

"Barely." Her words were bitter.

"How's Kolton? Mum? Dad?" I ask.