𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Look at me when I speak to you! Haven't you done enough harm already?! Why do you still show up to class?! Do you get off of it, you sicko?!" he spat. He was all up in your face, waiting eagerly for a chance to make your face into his personal punching bag.

You remained silent. You felt your eyes dry like a desert, although naturally you would be crying from all this pressure. This time, your hands were trembling in front of you. Your whole body was. The white hare in front of you huffed and turned to leave, motioning to the rest of your friends to follow. The jester did so without second thought, as did the fire girl before giving you one last sorrowful look.

The only one remaining was the human girl. She raised her head to meet your puffy eyes with her own. Her expression hid a certain relief now that the others left you two alone in the auditorium. She looked around cautiously before turning to leave as well, not wanting to be seen with you.

"Wait!" you called out to her.

She stopped and turned around to face you, cautiously looking around once more.

"Where are you going?" you asked her with a trembling voice.

The girl only shrugged hesitantly, frowning as she thought of a proper answer.

"What place is left for us?" was her only reply, as she felt her voice break with each passing moment.

"Don't leave me too, please!" you called out to her with your pleading voice.

The girl's eyes filled with tears as she chuckled sadly at you, wiping the tears that threatened to spill with her sweater's sleeve.

"I w-wish I could stay, [Y/N]. I rea-lly do."

The cold light of the auditorium creeped closer to you, seeping into your bones. You felt numb. The shadows were getting closer and closer, they were suffocating you. You couldn't do anything, you couldn't act at all. You left one last shaky breath as the darkness surrounded you.

When you opened your eyes this time, you were laying in a flower field, the golden rays of the sun provided your body with precious warmth, as it was slowly setting in the horizon, just behind the vast ocean. The flower field eventually led to a cliff, where below laid sharp rocks and of course the sea.

You felt at peace in this moment. You recognized the scenery from one of the other flashbacks the SOUL had previously showed you. Involuntarily, your hands plucked some of the golden flowers around you and began making a flower bracelet with them. Their petals were shining under the sunlight. Your hands worked fast, it was basically muscle memory by this point. You had done this a million times before.

You were so focused in your own work, you barely noticed the person that sat down on the grass beside you. As you tied the last knot with the flowers' stems, you turned to finally face your friend.

Your soulmate.

His name was still fuzzy inside your head, no matter how hard you tried you couldn't remember it. The monster you saw in front of you though had many many facial features similar to...Spamton. Your Spamton. His body was that of a mannequin with joints on each of his limbs. His skin was a brilliant porcelain white. He had fluffy black hair that was parted in the middle, and matching black eyes. His nose was pointed and long, but not as much as Spamton's. He wore a black sweater and white jeans with matching monochrome Vans shoes.

Your heart skipped a beat when you saw him, leaving the flower bracelet fall from your hands. You jumped right in his arms and gave him a tight hug. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around you too, but broke the hug short. From his expression, you could tell something was wrong. Instead of letting you ask him, he explained first.