𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

The air around you started to shift, as you were once again engulfed by darkness. You felt your body float in that same nothingness as when you had that dream of you and your SOUL conversing. And yet, it felt different. Your chest felt heavier than the last time.

You heard the sound of waves crashing against rocks. You could easily smell the ocean as the salty mist gently fell on your face. In the distance, you could hear voices that were muffled by the loud splashing sounds of the water...below? The sound came from below. You tried to open your eyes, but once again felt your whole body paralyzed.

"SOUL, please. You know by now, whatever it is you want to show me, I'll listen. There's no reason to paralyze me." you said to yourself, remembering the little heart's words that it was able to hear your thoughts.

No response came from it.

Instead, you were violently thrown into another scenery, one that you could see this time. Unlike the previous flashbacks the SOUL showed you, this time you were seeing things in first person view. However, you couldn't help but notice how different your hands that were folded in front of you looked. You were sitting in a dining room. On the other side of the table, two unfamiliar monsters sat with their hands gently folded over each other on the table. They strongly resembled bunnies. Bunnies that had a human-shaped body. The woman had a sorrowful look on her face, her long bunny ears flopped down instead of standing proudly on top of her head. The man was serious, his face hid a bit of anger and his whiskers twitched nervously. Neither of them would look at you.

You felt hot tears rolling down your face, and yet you remained completely still. You were not in control of your body yet, no matter how hard you tried to move your limbs. The small pang you felt in your chest gave you hope that maybe your SOUL would finally respond to you.

"H-how could you do this?" the woman managed to say. Her voice echoed loudly inside your head.

"You...are a walking time-bomb!" the man said as he raised his voice, venom lacing each of his words.

"Please, listen to me! I didn't mean to!"

The words left your mouth involuntarily. The voice you heard was not your own, it reminded you of...

The human.

Your SOUL.

Red dim light emitted from your chest, the sight of it making the two bunnies recoil in fear. The woman was now crying as she looked at you and the light in horror. The man, despite his obvious fear, tried to stay strong and instead mask his fear with rage.

"We should have never took you in!" he spat.

"W-what have you done..." the woman whispered in-between her sobs.

You were violently pulled away from this scene, and instead forced into a new one, having the air squeezed from your lungs by how intense the feeling was. You were now seated in an empty auditorium, various figures loomed above you.

Three monsters. A girl whose whole body was made of green fire, a guy whose face reminded you of a jester's mask with horns on each side of his head, and a boy with hare-like features. Lastly, there was another human among them, a girl your age. She had tears in her eyes. She was looking down to the floor, hugging her jacket close to her body. She looked...disappointed? Ashamed?

"[Y/N]...I don't know what to say to you." said the jester with his hoarse voice, staring at you with the same rage you saw in your father's eyes.

"Why did you have to do this to him?" whispered the fire girl with a pained expression.

"You and your ugly race should just...just die already!" yelled the white rabbit. His words made the other human flinch. You felt your heart split in two.