"She knows," Greta said on the phone to her Antoinette, her daughter.

"I have no idea what you want me to do about that, mother," she scolded, "my hands a pretty full as we speak."

"I know that," she hissed. "She ran to her husband with that spawn of hers."

Antoinette rolled her eyes. "It means she knows who you are, meaning everything would be for not."

"Worry not, "she said as she walked into Mystic Grill, "I have someone here that can assist us with our problem."

She hanged up while making her way to the the bar, taking a seat on the clear side.

"Hey," the man greeted, "what can I get you?"

She smiled sincerely. "A double whiskey with soda, please."

"Coming ride up," he said before on his way to fix her drink.

As she was playing with her ring, gazing down at it, she didn't miss the silent conversation between the bartender and the other customer at the bar, but to the others, the pair just glared at each other for a second.

The customer was drunk, obviously drinking himself to oblivion. She had him sigh as he got of his seat, making his way towards her.

She thanked the bartender before taking a sip of her drink.

"Hey," the man said as he took a seat next to hers. "Do you mind?"

Really, she thought as she was offered his well known smirk. The ass had already sat down.

"Why is such an attractive woman like you doing here alone?" He tossed his bourbon in one go while waiting for a response.

"The same reason a very attractive man yourself is."

He met her gaze. He would obviously seduce her if she was a regular woman, but knew better.

"Well," he dangled his empty glass to the bartender, "I'm drowning my sorrows. Is that why why you all the way here in Mystic Falls?"

She knew where he was going. Her heightened sight didn't miss the glaring the bartender was giving her.

"Something like that, but also slightly."

He nodded as he watched her sipping her drink from a straw. "Where are my manners," he reached out his hand with his daylight ring, "I'm Damon Salvatore."

She tilled her head. "Michelle Smith," she lied.

His smirk was back in full force. "Jeremy," the bartender got his attention, "whatever Michelle is having, is on me."

She chuckled. "I'm all good, but thank you."

"No no," Damon teased, "there is no way that a beautiful woman will be paying for herself when I'm here."

She blushed, hiding it with her glass. He's good, she thought.

Jeremy took out his phone for a quick text.

~~~

New Orleans

The Compound

His arrival did not take Rebekah by surprise as she was laying on the couch in the foyer. She was waiting for him. Waiting for an explaining.

She placed herself like a copse with her arms folded on her chest, eyes closed.

He took her to no account as he made his to the stairs.

"You are not using your speed, brother," Rebekah enquired, "why is that?" She never made no attempt to move, only her lips.