"No."

Blood!

"No!"

BLOOD!

"NO!"

BLOOD!

"NO!"

Technoblade fell to the floor and clutched his head tightly, covering his ears as the rest of the Voices began to scream with the first: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Technoblade ran inside, raced down the basement stairs, and slammed and locked the door. Only then did he allow himself to breathe, taking uneasy steps down the staircase as the Voices only got louder. He tripped on the tenth step and collapsed, his head banging against the dark wooden floor.

"Techno!" Wil's voice came from the opposite corner of the room. He ran toward his twin, who gave him a look of horror in response; he had forgotten that his brother was in the basement before he was.

"Get out of here," Techno said, beginning to panic. "Wil, leave. NOW. LEAVE NOW! PLEASE! GET AWAY FROM ME!"

"Why? What's wrong?" Wilbur sounded shocked.

KILL HIM! The Voices screamed. PUT HIM OUT OF HIS MORTAL MISERY!

KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!

Technoblade finally let himself scream, and the Voices took control. His consciousness was shoved into the back of his Void, and the Voices began to chant: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

The Voices rose to their feet, drawing Technoblade's sword.

"Blood," they whispered. "Blood for the Blood God."

--------

Wilbur made his way through the house down to the basement, wondering where that old music stand could be. (His first stand had broken about a year ago—his only excuse had been "I got angry" when his father asked why it was broken.)

Wil eventually found the music stand tucked away behind a chest in a corner away from the furnace. He struggled to move the chest from the wall, wondering how much time had passed since he had left the porch.

As he reached across the chest to grab the stand, he heard the basement door at the top of the stairs slam shut, someone stumbling down the stairs, and a loud BANG that made him jump.

"Techno? Techno!"

Wil ran over to him, about to help him up, but Techno's pained expression quickly changed to one of horror.

"Get out of here," Techno gasped. "Wil, leave. NOW. LEAVE NOW! PLEASE! GET AWAY FROM ME!"

"What?" Wilbur stepped closer. "Why? What's wrong?"

Techno screamed, slamming his hands over his ears as he tried to get even further away from Wilbur, but to no avail. His eyes turned from their usual brown to solid gold as his screams died down.

"Blood," he whispered.

Wilbur shivered. It was Techno's voice, but not in a tone he'd ever heard him use. It was cold and brutal.

Techno's now-golden eyes met Wilbur's, rising to his feet and drawing his sword, almost in a robotic motion.

"Blood for the Blood God."

It was only when the Voices attacked that Wilbur thought to run.

He ran around the basement as the Voices broke just about everything, getting closer and closer to Wilbur. Wil knew it wasn't Techno who was attacking him, it was his Voices, but that didn't make the situation much better.