One: The Four Twins

Wilbur vividly remembered the night his little brothers were born. Specifically, he remembered the piercing screams that came through the closed door he and his twin, Technoblade, refused to move aside from. 

He remembered the moment the screams finally stopped, and were instead replaced by the wail of a newborn baby. For a few more hours afterward, the screams persisted. No baby's wails accompanied them, the brothers knew the baby was alive. It had been nearly ten hours since their mother had gone into labor, and the twins were wild for any sort of news concerning their new siblings and mom. 

"Do you think Mum's okay?" Wilbur asked quietly. He turned to Techno, as Technoblade was called, who looked tired. 

"Yeah, why wouldn't she be?" Though neither boy would admit it, both were terrified of losing their mother, even though she was a goddess, and therefore could not die. Techno was a god too, but he had not lived long enough to be called a true god. Wil stared longingly at his brother, their identical chocolate-brown eyes meeting. Techno saw what Wil wanted and squeezed his hand. While no words were spoken, both knew that the other felt safer and more reassured with their hands joined together. 

Wilbur yawned. He needed to stay awake so he could see his brothers, but he was too tired to stay conscious for very long; it was quite late. He eventually fell asleep leaning against his twin, who stiffened slightly at the contact, but Techno didn't move his brother's head from his shoulder. He instead let him sleep there, resting peacefully against the shoulder of the one god who heard Voices, resting peacefully against the shoulder of a boy who would eventually have the blood of millions of humans on his immortal hands. 

Then a weak but gentle and clear voice called: "Techno? Wil?" 

"Coming, Mom." Techno shook his twin awake. 

Wil gave him a tired and disapproving look when he woke but allowed Techno to pull him to his feet. He stood in front of the door for a moment, feeling nervous. Wil looked at his brother, who seemed to be thinking the same. Uneasiness flickered in his dark brown eyes, and he kept bouncing on the balls of his feet. 

"Do you want to open the door . . . together?" Wil asked. 

Techno turned to him and nodded. "I'd feel less anxious if we did." 

Wilbur put his hand on the silver doorknob. "Ready?" 

Technoblade placed his hand next to his twin's, and together, they opened the door. 

Their mother, Kristin, was sitting up in bed, holding a small bright red bundle in her arms and waving to her older sons. "Come here, boys. I want you to see them." 

Wil and Techno ran over to the bed and jumped up beside their mother, who smiled at their newfound energy.

She moved the blanket away from the baby's face. It was clear that his hair would be blond, meaning he would be the first child in their family to look even a little bit like their father, Philza, who was holding another small bundle the color of granny Smith apples. 

Techno slid off the bed and went to his father, moving the blanket away from the baby's face, which was just as pink as his twin's. His hair, however, was the same dark, chocolaty brown as their mother's. 

Technoblade gently rested his hand on the baby's forearm, feeling incredibly soft skin underneath his rough, calloused fingers. A honey-gold aura surrounded the baby almost instantly, surprising the rest of his family.

Everyone, that is, except for Kristin. 

"He's a god," she announced quietly. 

--------