Fear has taken over

[ alright this is the first story I've ever written so PLEASE tell me if its good or not (:]

Fear. Fear is what you get when you go up a roller coaster and you know it's a steep drop, and you're scared that a screw is going to pop off.

But thats not like today. Fear is what you feel every month, every week, every week, every hour, every minute, every second. We kill till we're weak, we search for food because we are starving. The world is not like what it was. Dead people roam the earth. I guess God was right, the resurrection of the dead. It's not what I thought it would be. I was walking in the middle of the open woods, the almost identical crossbow my dad had. I started running, hearing the common groans behind me. It was a lot. I continued running, not dare looking back. I tripped, screaming as one of the dead people fell on me. "Help!" I screamed, keeping it up off of me. Then others fell. I let go with one of my hands, quickly going to my knife, stabbing the ones I could reach. Arrows whizzed by, piercing their rotten skulls. I looked to see a figure, retrieving his arrows. I saw the males crossbow, pushing the walkers off. "Where did you get that crossbow?" I asked, looking at my own crossbow.
-
-
I know its short but they will get longer. But could you please tell me if this is good or not. If not please tell me why so I can change it and make my story better.