SANO MANJIRO X READER

Start from the beginning

And your heart starts getting crazy with the words coming out of your mouth.

"...D-Don't look at me like that," You tried to maintain your dignity after saying those, "Be my lover or my man--- w-well, shit this is crazy." You whispered silently cursing Detective Lunge for making you do this.

-

"I read the papers yesterday and you want me to be the leader's woman?" You mumble in disbelief as your face turns red.

"What? The Bonten's leader is hot, it's not a loss knowing you can penetrate deeper into their organization if you have a direct and concrete connection with Sano Manjiro." Detective Lunge stated while typing something on his computer.

"But... I... I don't know how to do this." You muttered, "I certainly know how to do my mission on gathering data and fighting well, but this romance stuff, I know nothing about it."

Your voice is genuine and you hate to admit it but you've never had a boyfriend in your entire life since you've been really busy pursuing your goals. The funny thing is, one of your missions right now is to be Manjiro's lover, which is quite hard for you since you don't even know how to be a lover to someone in the first place.

"You'll get into the character when you're in the situation. Just make sure you're able to talk to him personally. Do your best, I know you can do it." Detective Lunge replied.

"But---"

"Just a piece of advice. If ever you get rejected, which I'm sure you'll experience if you don't do your best and in the process of getting killed by Manjiro himself, say the magic word."

You blink in curiosity, "Magic word? What do you mean, Sir?"

Detective Lunge stopped typing and gave you a quick smirk, "Dorayaki."

-

Mikey remained silent while looking at you. His eyes are not shocked, he's not shocked at all. He's just looking at you plainly. Your heart on the other hand wants to burst in embarrassment. You never once say those words or even confess in your entire life. Never.

Damn it, Detective Lunge.

"Oh god." You murmured and cover your face in annoyance and embarrassment since you feel this weird heat on your cheeks, "Just... fuck, just be my boyfriend or something. Yes, I'm confessing, I love you. Now, be mine."

Shit, how do you say these words with love?

"Did Sanzu make you take some drugs?" Manjiro asked in a serious manner while looking at you calmly.

Your face is really red in frustration and embarrassment. This is the hardest mission that you've ever had.

Just how the hell do you make someone your lover the first time you met them?

"Manjiro," You whispered, "Just be mine."