Old Memories [Prt.2]

Beginne am Anfang

Then Eva came running towards me and hugged me.

"SONICA! Are you ok?" She asked. I nodded kinda weakly. "Where's professor?" I asked.

"Oh! Papa is in the other room." She replied.

I jumped off the table and tried to walk but I was too weak, I fell down on my knees. Eva supported me by the shoulder and we went to the other room where professor was. After I entered the room (where professor was), I saw that he was talking to someone through his phone.

I heard him saying, "Y-yes, Thank you Dr. James. I'm very glad to hear that. Thank you."

Then the call ended and he turned off the phone. I no longer took Eva's support and I went closer and behind Professor.

"Professor...." I whispered softly.

He quickly turned towards me and hugged me.

Professor stroked my cheek with his thumb, "Oh! Sonica, I-I am so sorry. I didn't know it would be so dangerous. If I knew then I would have nev-"

I cut him off and said, "Its ok, Professor, I am alright."

We separated from the hug but I stumbled again and fell down on my knees.

"Sonica....you are still weak." He said sadly and tried to help me but I refused his help.

I tried to get up by myself."N-no, Professor...I-I am al-alri-" I was half up just then I fell down again. I started breathing heavily. I didn't know why it happened.

"Sonica..." He sighed, " I know its hard. That machine...was supposed to test your powers but it did the exact opposite. It drained your energy." He said.

"B-but Professor, I am alright." I said then I used all my force and finally stood up. I smiled a little and he smiled too.

"Sooo....Professor, did you find any information about my powers? What kind of powers are these?" I asked.

He sighed and said, "No, Sonica. I didn't get any clue at all. My machine was not that powerful. I can't do it all by myself, I need more help, its very complicated to experiment on you, Sonica. So..."

"So, what Professor?" I asked.

"So, I called Dr. James to help me. He has some more hi-tech and special technologies which is what we need. He said that he will be here soon. He has helped me many times before too." He replied.

"But why him??" I again asked.

He sighed and replied, "We can't tell anyone about your powers. People can misuse your powers easily. And...Dr. James is the only one who I can trust."

I frowned, crossed my arms and whispered, "But I don't trust him!"

Then professor chuckled. "Come on he isn't that bad!" He said and rubbed my head.

"Ok... So when's he coming?" I asked.

"He will be here soon, I gue-" Professor cut cut off by the sound of the door bell.

*Ting Tong* *Ting Tong*

"Looks like he's here. *Ting Tong* COMING!!" He rubbed my head again and went for the door.

"Hmph! Speak of the devil and the devil is here." I whispered. I really didn't like Dr. James seen I first saw him and I don't know why?

"Oh! Thankyou for coming here, Dr. James." said Professor.