Rescued By Tom

Note: If you don't like bubble tea just change it to whatever you do like :)
TW: Panic attacks/anxiety

I was having a panic attack.
In a mall bathroom.

I was sitting on the closed toilet, hugging my knees to my chest, my sobs refusing to stop. The air I breathed in felt thick and as if it was burning my lungs.

I felt bad having to ask Tom to save me in situations like these. He always jumped to the rescue and never complained.
I pulled my phone out of my pocket, my numb hands shaking. I frantically put my password in, fumbling with the buttons and finally reached the call app.

I pressed the phone to my ear, listening to the rhythmic ring, trying to calm my breathing, the ringing was soon replaced by a "Hello-?" I breathed in shakily "T-Tom I-I'm at the ma-mall, please com-come get m-me." I choked out, unable to hold back my strangled sobs. "Ok darling. I'm on my way, just hang in there, okay?" His voice could calm the oceans.

"mmhm" I murmured, trying to focus on controlling my pained sobs. Tom hung up, it shouldn't take him too long to get here, what's 15 more minutes of this anyway?
It's dreadful.
That's what it is.
I cannot be left alone with my thoughts in times like this. So, naturally, I start overthinking.

̶T̶o̶m̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e̶s̶ ̶m̶e̶
̶W̶h̶y̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶
̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶t̶h̶e̶t̶i̶c̶
̶W̶h̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶
̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶
̶I̶ ̶w̶i̶s̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶d̶e̶a̶d̶

Therefore, it got worse.
The air became thicker; it burned to breathe.
I could no longer control my sobs, their echoes haunting me.
The nausea crept up.
Ring ring

I struggled getting to my phone once again, pushing the green button when I finally got a hold of it.

"Hello Darling, I'm outside the bathrooms, I need you to come out, okay?" He spoke calmly and quietly as if he were afraid of frightening me. I whispered a quiet "okay." and hung up. I took a deep, shaky breath, pushing myself up and stood. I slid the lock, speed walking out of the bathrooms, ignoring the glared I received from those around me, I shoved the heavy door open and walked straight into his arms.

I buried my face in his chest, he immediately wrapped one arm around me and placed the other on the back of my head, holding me in his warm embrace. "Heyyy- it's okay, it's okay." He whispered soothingly, his comforting, manly, and familiar scent filling my nostrils.

After a few moments he spoke up "Would you like a bubble tea?" There's a bubble tea place on the second floor, it's so sweet of him to remember. I chuckled softly, it didn't sound like a chuckle, more like a strangled grunt. "That's very sweet but," I sniffled. "I'm a wreck, I wanna leave." I looked up at him, now calmer. "Alright, let's go then darling." He kept his arm around me while leading me towards the car. I loved his car (Jaguar F-Type), I always felt like a queen or a millionaire when I got to ride in it.

He opened the passenger door for me; such a gentleman as always. I sat down on the seat and Tom held my hand "I'll be right back I just need to go do something, will you be alright here?" He looked down into my eyes, I gave a small nod, still recovering. "Okay." He smiled softly, letting go of my hand and pushing my door closed. I watched him jog back inside, I assumed he was just going to the bathroom.

Several minutes later he returned.
With a bubble tea.

I don't know what I've done to deserve him.

He opened my door, holding out the bubble tea. I gasped, taking the bubble tea from him, looking at it as if it were some coveted, priceless item.

I looked up at him "Tom..." I smiled softly, the emotions rushing back. "Thank you." I said while tearing up. "Aww," he leaned down to give me a small hug "it's my pleasure darling. Are you feeling any better?" He gazed down at me, I sniffled and gave a small nod, grinning as I sipped my bubble tea. Tom smiled contentedly, closing my door and walking around to his. He sat down, shut the door and turned to me "I'll take you home now and we can put on a nice film, okay?" He shut his door, turning the engine on. I looked at him, smiling "Yea."

Note: YEA HONESTLY I DONT THINK THIS IS MY BEST WORK BUT I DEAL WITH PANIC ATTACKS/ANXIETY WHICH IS KINDA WHAT GAVE ME THE IDEA AND IM SURE LOTS OF PEOPLE CAN RELATE, THANKS FOR READING!!