11

Reid- You what?

Me- I snuck out to get over here. I thought it was pretty obvious.

Reid- Whatever. I'm just glad you're here. Julia is still being a bit bitchy.

[We head upstairs and I knock on Julia's bedroom door]

Me- Julia! Reid told me what happened. Are you okay?

[Julia steps out of her room]

Julia- Yeah, I'm fine.

[I look at her blankly]

Me- But Noah literally canceled your date.

[She chuckles]

Julia- We're still having our date. I lied.

Me- Why?!

Julia- I noticed your relationship with Reid wasn't the same ever since the day after my birthday party.

[Reid and I awkwardly look at each other]

Julia- You guys were really close. Now, it seems like it's gone away like that.

[We look at Julia]

Julia- I want you guys to resolve whatever issue it is that caused this.

[She goes back into her room and Reid & I look at each other]

Me- Should we go into your room..?

Reid- Yeah..

[He opens his room door and I enter. I sit down on his bed and he shuts the door. He sits down next to me. We sit there awkwardly for a while. I then turn to look at him]

Me- Why have you been avoiding me?

[He looks at the floor]

Me- You don't say "hi" to me anymore when I see you..

[He looks at me]

Reid- ..Did ever occur to you that it hurt me when you told me you liked Tom?

Me- No, but.. Why would you feel that?

[He looked back down at the floor then back at me]

Reid- Because I like you, Angie.. I always have. And I thought you did, too. Especially after everything that's happened in the past few weeks. But I guess I was wrong cause you like Tom..

[He looks down at the floor again]

Me- Reid, I-

Reid- I know what you're going to say. You had no idea and I think it's pretty clear that you didn't.

Me- ..Okay, yeah, I was going to say that, but.. I did feel the same in a way..

[He looks at me]

Reid- Really?

Me- Yeah, but.. The feelings kind of died down when I realized how much I cared about Tom.

Reid- And do you think he'll possibly be your future boyfriend?

Me- ..Maybe? I don't know. You know he's with Natalie.. But they are having issues..

Reid- So, you should take that chance.

Me- Reid, I can't. Even if they're having issues, I can't just take him away from her. And why are you giving me advice on this? Doesn't it make you sad to hear me talking about someone else?