(#4) wake up.

A/N: yes hello another update on here when I should be writing and working on Second Life some more (I will try to update soon I swear) but I've been enjoying these too much so have another. I have more ideas for this kind of oneshot so uh hang tight I guess. Also, I realised a couple of these are applicable to more than one character so it's open to interpretation I suppose.

    I just want to wake up. Maybe none of this actually happened. He never left me. They never attacked. He never told me to run. They never found his body. Maybe I'll just wake up with a fever, he'll come into my room and see how I'm doing every few hours. We can return to our fantasies of getting out there. Return to our blissful ignorance. If only we could.

    I just want to wake up. So that there's no red around me. They're all red. So I can see her like I used to. She's so serious. So she can see me like she used to. I'm so clueless. So much changed in such little time. Why did all of this even happen? Why can't we turn back time? Why can't we just go back to how it used to be, when life was simple? If only we could.

    I just want to wake up. So that this is all just events of fiction. I don't want to wake up. So that we are all still together. I want to wake up. I don't. What the hell? I'm conflicted, confused. What's real anymore? I don't know. I do know. She's real. She's there. She held out her hand and said "join me". She showed endless kindness to us all. That was real. I think it was, at least. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know if I even care anymore. I just want to go home. What home? There is no 'home'. Not anymore. If only there was.

    I just want to wake up. In another universe, maybe he made it out. In another universe, maybe we made more memories. In another universe, maybe we were never fighting in the first place. Maybe the war never happened. Maybe he came to visit me every so often. Maybe I did the same for him. Who knows? The world is an ever-changing place. I just wish it hadn't changed so soon. If only it hadn't.

    I just want to wake up. Maybe his blue markings will still be glowing. Maybe he will still be working away. Maybe he will tell me how much he dislikes me using my Song around the area. Not like I would listen. Not like he'd scold me for not listening. But in reality, not like he'd want me to be sad. Sad that he lost. If only he hadn't.

    I just want to wake up. Under the green canopies would be nice. I probably passed out last night. Hit my head, maybe. She'll be there by my side as I come around. She'll sit with me and nurse me back into proper health. She probably would anyway. Maybe this dream has made me conjure a different version of her. I hope not. Really hope not. She's perfect just how she is. I don't want anything to change. But life goes on. It's something precious. The world doesn't wait for you. If only it did.

    I just want to wake up. Maybe things could have gone differently. Perhaps they'd have accepted me. People aren't nice. I hate people. Maybe that's why they hated me too. Maybe it was good that I left, whether that was real or not. Either way, I'm free now. I'm free to show them I don't care. I couldn't care less. That's a lie. I could care a lot more. They meant the world to me. But I meant nothing to them. Maybe acceptance is the thing this world lacks. If only it wasn't.

    I just want to wake up. He'll come to see me every morning. We'll go out for the day, having fun. Not a care in the world. It seems like a lifetime ago. When he first came. We first spoke. We first trained. When we swore to be brothers until the end of time. He's not who he used to be. Neither am I. We're not brothers. It was naive of me to think we ever were. If only we had been.

    I just want to wake up. I want this nightmare to end. But it will never end. If only it would.