(#3) Test Flight

A/N : Hello! Here's the Val oneshot I was talking about in the last update and also a few months ago. I still quite enjoy this and I'm pretty satisfied with it :) Also, for the purpose of this oneshot, I will be skipping out the part where an Ardoni presumably needs recovery time from connecting with their Song, and will head straight onto the continuation of training. Also also, I'm pretty sure Galleous didn't train Val with her Song(s), but y'know what, I did it anyway because this aint canon either way

The two Ardoni stood higher than anyone else in Ataraxia, the Song shrine being on the highest island of the city.

"Val Mendoris," Galleous addressed his student. "I can't tell you what an honour it has been to teach you what I know. To say I look forward to the rest of your training would be an understatement."

Val's face lit up with a smile at her teacher's words.

"I believe you have come far since I took you in as my student. You've done me proud, and I think it's time to move your training to the next level. Hence, I present you with your first Song: Mobiliwings."

Galleous brought out a golden-yellow cube, brimming with power.

"As its name implies, Mobiliwings will give you Mobilium energy wings. Should the case arise that you have to engage in serious combat, these will easily give you an advantage in coming out of your battle on top. Metaphorically and literally."

His calm demeanour remained, proud expression unchanged. Val, on the other hand, was practically bursting with excitement.

"A Mobilium Song? For me?" she beamed. Galleous only nodded and placed the Song in her outstretched hands. "Thank you!"

She was glad it was a Mobilium. Unlike most other Songs, it would prove more useful in day-to-day life. Getting around Ataraxia was somewhat a pain - getting from island to island was especially a bother. With the help of this Song, hopefully not so much anymore.

"So, are you ready to connect with your Song?"

"Yes!"

"I assume you've researched this topic?"

"No, obviously not!" she said sarcastically. Galleous chuckled and stepped down off the shrine to give her more space. She turned and saw the Mobilium rune on the pillar directly behind her.

"Focus all your concentration on your Song. And remember you'll likely pass out doing this," Galleous called as she placed the cube in the pillar and returned to the shrine's centre.

"Thank you for the words of encouragement, Ky'Galleous," she replied, her sarcastic side showing yet again. Val exhaled and reached her right arm out towards her Song. She closed her eyes and focused on the increasingly louder hum of the Song. It was soon all that could be heard, and she felt the energy surround and enter her body.

Then nothing.

Val awoke on the grass. The sunlight was streaming into her eyes, and she raised a hand to block it. The older Sendaris sat nearby on the step of the Song shrine, gazing out at the floating islands. She sat up, and he turned to look at her.

"Feeling alright?" he asked.

"Yeah, I guess so."

She stood and stumbled feebly over to him, supporting herself on the shrine's stones.

"Easy there," Galleous said as he put an arm around her for extra help. She sat down with him and exhaled sharply.

"When can I start training with my Song?"

Galleous laughed, "You're a keen one, aren't you?"

"Can we start now?"

"Well, I suppose if you're ready..." he shrugged. "Do you not need more time to recover?"