Chapter 11

"TGIF, Nooglers!" Sid yelled into the microphone as everyone cheered. "All right, easy, easy. It's okay, it's okay."

The crowd silenced.

"Now, today marks not only the end of the week, but the end of the summer's internships."

A roar of groans and whines erupted from the crowd.

"I know. As you can see through these images behind me, it's been quite a journey. Lot of memories, lot of bonds were made." Sid gestured to the large screen behind him that displayed a slideshow of a collage of pictures taken throughout the summer. "Kind of reminds me of the first time I owned a personal-"

Chetty grabbed the mic from Sid, cutting him off.

"Today, we reveal the intern team that will be awarded jobs here. Sadly, one team has not returned from their final challenge, so, therefore, I'm forced to calculate the results with their score as an incomplete. We have a victor. Congratulations-"

Chetty himself was cut off by the screen image spazzing and blanking along with sounds of electrical wires dying out. But the black screen soon began to play a video of none other than the members of Team Lyle's faces on 70's dancer's bodies while What A Feeling, the song from Flashdance, played in the background. Individuals in the crowd let out confusing gestures but started clapping along.

Suddenly, Nick, Lyle, Neha, Billy, Yo-Yo, Stuart, and Juliette came running out while carrying boxes of pizza. They began throwing slices left and right, handing out the pizza to the excited crowd that cheered and danced along.

Soon, Juliette and Stuart's boxes were empty so they dropped the cardboard and danced with each other. Any tension between them was broken as they laughed hysterically while trying to imitate a 70's era dance. Neha ran down the isle and handed her pizza out, not hesitating to flip her middle finger in Graham's direction as she passed.

Billy handed the pizza with the data from their challenge taped to the top. "Extra toppings on this one, boss."

"I see that."

Billy backed up off the stage and danced his own way back to his team standing at the front. The music abruptly cut off and the screen flashed back to its generic background.

"That's enough! That's enough!" Chetty yelled.

"Yes, lovely theatrics, but the jig is up. It's too late. Rules are rules, right Chetty?" Graham stated, annoyed.

"Yes. And the rules state that every team has the right until the announcement is made to turn in their sales. So, in spite of your lack of punctuality, which is astounding, I have no choice.. but to accept this submission and recalculate."

The team bursted into cheers.

"Go ahead. Recalculate. One sale to a small family pizza joint's not gonna make a difference anyway." Graham said cold-heartedly.

Chetty flipped through the pages of the report. "It does seem that Mr. Hawtrey is correct once again."

Graham muttered a 'boom'.

"The sales from one shop on the last challenge are not enough to put you in the lead." The team's faces dropped in defeat. "But.. this is not one shop."

Everyone's eyes snapped up to Chetty. Stuart and Juliette glanced nervously at each other. Chetty stepped down from the stage to speak directly to the team.

"You see, this.. is a blossoming franchise with endless possibilities, thanks to you. And what you have done as a team is connect to people and connect those people to information, which is what we do. More than that, you had the courage to dream. In spite of your obvious and astounding limitations, you never gave up on that dream. No.

"So.. gentlemen - and lady -"

"Woah, woah, woah, woah, woah. Hold on." Graham halted the man. "Chetty, no offense; you're a glorified babysitter. Let's get somebody down here who actually means something."

"I'm right here." A voice from the crowd exclaimed. A man with a scruffy beard and headphones around his ears stood from his seat and made his way down to the front.

"Terrific." Graham muttered.

"Graham, please meet Mr. Anderson."

"You know this guy?" Graham peeved in disgust.

"I should think so. Andrew here is the head of Search, a rather important position here at Google."

Graham stuttered over his words. "Honest, it's an honor."

"Look at you, headphones, a little mystery behind the boy." Billy joked.

"What? How-How do you know him?"

"We were encouraged to reach out to experienced Googlers. Pretty simple. Not a big mystery." Nick said with a mocking smile.

"To reach out to other Googlers, not just kiss their asses." Andrew scolded. "You see, these interns are smart, collaborative, pretty.."

Andrew had initially directed the final adjective towards Julie and Neha, but Nick jokingly murmured a 'thank you'.

"..and just weird enough to make them interesting. Also, they came together as a team to do something here. Their Googliness is truly off the charts."

Graham rubbed his face in his hands. "Oh my God, can you stop with the 'Googliness'? Like, what does that even mean?"

"The fact that you don't know what it means is why you will never work here." Andrew said straightforwardly, and stepped closer to Graham, who was fidgeting in embarrassment, and whispered, "Also, you just made me use a bunch of words in front of a ton of people. Look at me. You're a real dick for doing that. Look at me again. And I know your accent is bullshit. Whaat?"

He stepped away from Graham, who was fuming with anger and shame.

"So.." Chetty said, facing the team. "Welcome to Google."

The team bursted into excitement like never before. Neha jumped up and down, and squealed. Yo-Yo pumped his fists and chanted 'I have a job!'. Nick and Billy high-fived each other while Lyle jumped and shouted.

Stuart and Juliette almost immediately embraced each other in a giant hug. Stuart lifted her off the ground and spun around, both of them laughing and grinning. Once Stuart had placed her back on the ground, they pulled away from each other while never quite releasing their grip from each other.

"Looks like you'll be seeing a lot more of me," Juliette bantered, a thrilled smirk on her face.

"Lucky me," Stuart quipped with a smile, and, disregarding any potential disaster, cupped Juliette's face with his hands and placed his lips onto hers. It only took Juliette a quick moment to recollect and kiss back with equal amounts of passion. Stuart could feel Juliette's grinning face as their lips moved together. They released apart when they heard the cheers and yells of their teammates.

"About time, you two!" Nick exclaimed, throwing his arms up. Neha locked eyes with Juliette.

"Is it safe to say I told you so?" She asked rhetorically. "I knew it. I knew it would happen. I just didn't think it would take this long."

Juliette just giggled in response, too joyful and full of love that she couldn't banter. Stuart kept his arm firmly gripped around her back and on her arm, the grin never leaving his face.

Juliette looked up and locked eyes with Stuart, who looked lovingly back down at her, and she knew that this had been without a doubt the best summer ever.

[sucky ending ya i konw but people kept saying they wanted an update so here's the update

but yeah this is the last chapter...............of book one >:-)

stay tuned

and follow

and like

and comment :)]