Chapter 7

"The whole world looks like a giant pinwheel of death right now." Stuart muttered, his beanie pulled over to cover his eyes as he lay upside-down in the bean bag chair. Juliette chuckled from beside him, sitting upright in a bean bag chair of her own.

"Price of making memories, Stewie." Nick reminded.

"I think my liver hurts.." Yo-Yo trailed off as Chetty walked up to the group.

"Astonishingly, your app received ten times more downloads than any other team's." He explained, and Stuart rushed to sit up the moment he heard the man's voice. Everyone looked around at each other. "It appears that you have won your first challenge."

"How 'bout it?" Billy clapped, high-fiving Neha next to him. Smiles appeared on all of the team members' faces.

"Congratulations." Chetty stated.

"Oh yeah!" Lyle yelled.

"Come on, baby!"

Stuart, wearing a grin, knuckled Juliette beside him. She grinned back equally as excited.

Suddenly, Yo-Yo, clutching the red trash can next to him, emptied his stomach's contents. Chetty grimaced down at him.

"Oh, easy there big guy.." Billy muttered. Everyone stared at their sick friend awkwardly.

"He gets over excited." Nick tried to explain to Chetty. Chetty winced.

"Lovely." Chetty said sarcastically, walking away.

"Let it out. Let it out, little feller." Nick pat his back.

After hearing spending that night together and winning their first challenge, the team spent more and more time bonding. Every day they'd spend time together as a group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During one challenge, Neha and Juliette were writing a big and elaborate equation on the transparent dry-erase board. Stuart, looking down at the other teams' boards, noticed two things: not one team was as close to finishing as they were, and most teams were arguing about what was right.

Neha finished writing the equation and the group looked to Chetty for approval with anticipation. Chetty, after reading over the board, smiled and gave them a thumbs up. Neha jumped up and down, smiling at her achievements, and high fived everyone around her, including her writing partner. Stuart, cheering loudly, turned Juliette around and brought her into a big hug, before letting her go with a blush on his face. Juliette smiled, cheering with the rest of the group, while Neha looked proudly at their work.

~~~~~~

One of Juliette's favorite past-time activities at the Googleplex was sand volleyball due to her long experience playing the sport. Juliette, Stuart, Nick and Billy stood on the court, facing other workers and interns while Yo-Yo, Neha and Lyle sat in chairs to the side of the court, cheering their teammates on. Stuart thought it was pretty obvious how Juliette was basically carrying the makeshift volleyball team, but she probably didn't care. Stuart passed the ball to Juliette, Juliette set it to Billy, and Billy hit the ball over, gaining a point for the team. The four cheered and high-fived each other.

After the game had finished, Juliette, Nick, Billy and Stuart grabbed beverages at the outdoor cafe.

"Julie, you were amazing out there!" Nick emphasized.

"Yeah, you're a pro!" Billy called.

Juliette giggled. "Well, if you enjoyed my playing so much, you'll have to come to one of my games sometime."

Though it was no where near the level that Juliette was used to, she had a blast playing with these people.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The crew sat around Juliette's dorm room while the X-Men 2 movie played on the TV screen. Lyle sat in a chair next to the windows, Yo-Yo, Nick, and Billy sat on the couch, and Neha, Juliette, and Stuart sat on the floor.

"Our Professor X was way meaner than this guy." Billy stated. Everyone in the room laughed. "It wasn't funny at the time!"

By the end of the movie, Juliette and Stuart had fallen asleep literally on each other. Stuart had his arm snug around her shoulders and his head was resting gently on top of hers. Juliette had turned her body into his and her head lay comfortably on Stuart's chest. Stuart's mouth was open slack and his glasses had fallen down his nose. The ending credits rolled off and the team got up to leave before noticing the sleeping pair. Just as Billy was about to say something, Neha shushed him and pointed to the two.

"They're so cute," She cooed. "When are they both gonna get a clue and start dating god damnit?"

Both Billy and Neha took out their phones and took a picture of the duo.

Nick laughed quietly. "Hopefully soon. Stewie's even told me that he liked her, and this is Stuart I'm talking about. He's about as open about his feelings as a locked-up steel safe." He whispered.

"No kidding. Juliette doesn't even think he likes her at all." Billy publicized in a hushed whisper, stuffing his phone back in his pocket.

"Do we wake them up or leave them here? I mean it is Julie's room." Yo-Yo addressed the group. Lyle shrugged.

"Let's wake them up. I wanna see their reactions when they see themselves on top of each other." Neha smirked and approached them. She then started poking at both of them with her two pointer fingers and repeatedly whispering 'wake up'. Dazed and tired, Stuart and Juliette woke up, squinting at their surroundings. Stuart came to a little faster than Julie did, and, embarrassed, stuttered while pulling his arm back to his own side and tilting his glasses back right. Juliette, feeling the loss of touch, leaned upright and off of Stuart, wiping her face. Their faces both glowed red.

"S-Sorry.." Stuart muttered, readjusting his outfit.

Juliette gave an awkward smile as she got up and glared at Neha behind her. Neha just shrugged and smiled.

"Is it-Is it time to go?" Stuart asked, yawning.

"Yes, Stew, it's time to go. Movie ended, like, fifteen minutes ago."

"O-Oh, okay, uh, bye.." Stuart mumbled, grabbing his jacket and heading for the door.

"Bye," Juliette called, and cleared her throat. "Bye everyone."

Soon everyone piled out the door and Juliette plopped onto her bed with a sheepish smile on her face as she thought of the night's events. As embarrassing as it was, it felt amazing to fall asleep in the arms of the boy she had liked.

~~~~~~

[this was a bunch of fillers lol hope u like it ?? bye ily]