Chapter 4

The next day, team Lyle, all clad in mismatching old t-shirts and bottoms, ran out from the side as Graham's team, all wearing matching uniforms, ran out. Stuart was already sweating.

"All right, teams, welcome to the Quidditch bitch. Let's have a good, clean match, Nooglers!"

The team retreated to their side of the field, and Lyle started explaining rules. "Okay, rules. The Beaters toss the Bludgers at the Chasers before they can get the Quaffle through the three rings. No blagging, no blatching, no bumphing, no haversacking. I don't want to see any Quaffle-pocking. No imperius curses, no Confundus charms. In the unlikely event of a Dementor attack, use a Patronus charm. I recommend the stag, but that's a personal decision-"

"Lyle, Lyle, Lyle," Neha cut off the Harry Potter fanatic. "These beautiful idiots have no idea what you're talking about. Use your Muggle words, come on."

"Come on, Lyle, you're making me feel like I'm back in math class, okay? You got a couple savants here with eye-hand coordination. Just say 'game on' and let us play."

"Fair enough. Version 2.0; peg them with the kick balls before they throw the volleyball through the hoop. Brooms in, people. Hufflepuff on three. One..two.."

"Hufflepuff!"

"Yeah, son! Yeah! Let's get it!" Lyle cheered while we all lined up. "Let's get Huff-tarded in here!"

"Tips down!" Sid announced. "Blue team ready?"

"Ready!"

"Red team ready?"

"Bangarang!"

"Brooms up!" And thus the games begin.

The teams quickly sprang into action, and before ten seconds were up, Graham's team had already scored. The members of the red team ran around like headless chickens - clearly, no one had played sports.

Lyle passed Neha the ball, which she aggressively threw at Stuart's head, who was on his phone, not paying any attention. He threw his head back.

"What the hell was that?"

"Why don't you try looking up and giving a shit, man!" Neha yelled, making Juliette laugh.

Stuart mocked her before shoving his phone in his pocket. The team tried, but was obviously failing. Before they knew it, it was 60-0.

Billy passed Juliette the ball, calling her name. She caught the ball, but, before she had any time to retaliate, she was knocked to the ground by Graham who took the ball and scored himself. Juliette rolled on the ground and huffed. Stuart noticed immediately.

"Woah, shit, are you okay?" Stuart asked in concern, holding a hand out to help her up. He glanced up and watched Graham rile up the audience.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." She hissed, graciously holding his hand to help steady herself as she rose to her feet. "Thank you."

"No problem."

"Time out!" Billy called to Sid, who granted us the time out. "Bring it in guys."

"It's over."

"Yea, our team's a joke."

"Well, I ain't laughing, what about you Billy?"

"Hell no."

"Listen, we need to get our minds right and start believing."

"This reminds me of a little girl who had to get her head right and start believing," Billy started with his inspiring speech, "a little girl from a steel town who had the dream to dance. No one believed in that little welder girl, but thank God she believed in herself."