At My Worst (At My Best pt 3)

Start from the beginning

Again, I can feel Hailee's eyes on me but I chose to keep my eyes on my laptop and put on my headphones instead. Bitch this silence is killing me.

I started humming the instrumental tune I made for their collab while pressing some buttons on my laptop in hoping it might help with the EDMs and shit and somehow it's helping.

"Uhm... Y/N." I heard Hailee's voice but chose to keep quiet.

"Y/N." She called once again. Still no response.

"Y/N Baker." Once again, silence.

I heard her groan and I felt like my ears were cut out with the way she yanked my headphones.

"How long are you gonna be like this? Seriously. What the hell?" She said.

"Oh sorry, you were calling me?" I asked with a bit of sarcasm in my voice.

"No shit, genius. What the hell is wrong with you?" She asked, causing me to snap at the question.

"Me?! Oh, so now the problem is me? Funny that you mentioned that cause in fact, I should be one asking you, Steinfeld. After that dinner we had, the next morning I got a text from you that I should stop whatever gesture I was planning to show you. Forget that that date even happened and everything we did. And when I asked you why, you just went on your pretty little way and blocked me. So don't go asking me what the hell is wrong with me when the real question here is what the fuck is wrong with you and what the hell did I do wrong." I snapped at her as I stood up and went out of the room not bothering to turn around when she called my name once again.

I heaved a deep sigh as I felt the tears I was holding back escape my eyes. I closed my eyes a bit before wiping my tears away and left the studio.

----

"This song is amazing, Y/N!" Cole exclaimed once they finished hearing the full demo.

"Thanks. I did what I could." I plainly said as my phone started ringing.

"I gotta take this. Rebekah can help you with the recording. I'll be back in 2 hours." I grabbed my car keys and went to the door. I saw Hailee looking at me sadly.

A week after our argument, we both acted like the other wasn't even there. The only times we would actually exchange words with each other is when it's related to the song. Other than that, it's ghost.

----

"Excuse me, what now?" I almost choked on my drink with what I saw from Cole's phone.

"That's damn fucking right sis! You have been nominated as Producer Of The Year!! At My Best ft Hailee was also nominated for Collaboration of the Year. The song gained almost 1Billion streams on Spotify now!" Colson said.

"Wait so that means..."

"Damn right! We'll be at the BBMA's next week my dear sister so you need to have a date by then."

"A date? Why the hell would I need a date to the BBMAs when I have you?" I snickered.

"In case you forgot, woman... I'll be going with my wife and our kids." He said with a plain face.

"Oh shit, that's right. I'll just go alone then." I shrugged.

"What?! You can't be going alone! You need to have a date!" He exclaimed once again and his eyes lit up while I can basically see a light bulb perk up above his head.

"How about you go ask—" he said but I cut him off.

"NOPE. Not gonna happen." I plainly said as I take a sip on my drink.