Meet My Cats!

Before we get into things, let me introduce you to the main stars of the show: My cats!

I have three cats who are all adorable and I have tons of cute and funny pictures of. I'll introduce them in order of oldest to youngest.

Name: Misty (she's the cat on the cover of this book)

Age: 3 years old (she was born April 7th, 2019)

Indoor or outdoor: Outdoor (she comes inside on occasion, but she spends the majority of her time outside)

Relation to the other cats: Mother of Newt (first litter) and Tate (second litter). Unfortunately, none of her kittens look anything like her... They're still cute though! She's also been spayed so she won't be having anymore kittens.

Personality: Misty is a very antisocial cat and tends to avoid people unless she's in the mood for cuddles (which happens occasionally) or she wants something (usually treats or to be let outside). She's a gorgeous cat and she knows it, which is probably why she's so photogenic as you can see in that picture. She's also an asshole who's very hostile toward the other cats (both the other cats we own and random cats in the neighborhood) and will randomly decide while you're petting her that she doesn't want to be touched anymore so she'll bite and hiss at you. But despite that, she's a wonderful cat and I wouldn't trade her for the world!

How she joined the family: I got Misty from my English teacher my Sophomore year of high school. After I brought her a kitten from my grandparents neighbors, she asked me if I wanted any kittens from her cats litter. I selected Misty not for myself, but for my grandparents. She was so small that she could fit in my hands so I held her the whole ride to my grandparent's house after we picked her up.

She lived at my grandparent's house until July when my family went over to their house for a visit on the fourth of July. Since my birthday was in June, my parents talked to my grandparents and let me take her home with us as a birthday present. And she's lived with us ever since!

Name: Newt (also known as Newtster, Mr

Name: Newt (also known as Newtster, Mr. Newtster, and Noodle Newt. He's named after the character from The Maze Runner. He's my favorite character!)

Age: 2 years old (his birthday is May 30th, 2020)

Indoor or outdoor: Both (he spends a lot of time outside, but he comes inside multiple times a day to nap, eat, and receive affection)

Relation to the other cats: Misty's son (first litter) and Tate's older brother

Personality: When Newt was younger he was very hyper and occasionally he can still be playful, but most of the time he's a very calm cat. He lets people, even strangers, pick him up and hold him and when he wants to be put down, he'll squirm or push against you with his paws instead of scratching you like Misty would. He also gets along very well with his little brother Tate! He can be a bit of a diva, mostly in the way he'll meow at your bedroom door in the early hours of the morning until you let him outside, but he's very sweet and he's a great cat to cuddle with!

How he joined the family: As previously mentioned, Newt was one of the four kittens born in Misty's first litter. I'm not completely sure who their dad is, but there's an unneutered male tabby in our neighborhood who looks a lot like him and hangs around our house a lot so we've pretty much accepted him as their dad.

All of the kittens were tabbies and because of that they were difficult to tell apart. That is, except for Newt. We could always tell him apart from the other kittens because of the stripes on the back of his neck, which is why we called him stripey until we gave him his current name. Newt was the only kitten from that litter we kept and he still lives with us to this day!

 Newt was the only kitten from that litter we kept and he still lives with us to this day!

Name: Tate (also known as Tatester, Mr. Tatester, and Tater Tot. He's named after the character from American Horror Story season 1.)

Age: 1 year old (he was born on April 15th, 2021)

Indoor or outdoor: Both (he's a lot like Newt in that way)

Relation to the other cats: Misty's son (second litter) and Newt's younger brother

Personality: Tate is a lot like Newt when he was younger. He has two moods: crackhead and sleepyhead. In his crackhead mood, he's super hyper and loves to play. In his sleepyhead mood, he likes to lounge around and nap.

Tate is a diva, much more so than Newt. He constantly wants treats and he'll meow, claw at, and shove his paws under doors of rooms until he's let inside, even if he's not usually allowed in those rooms. He likes to get right in your way when you're walking and he still hasn't learned not to walk between someone's legs while they're walking. Overall, he's an adorable little goofball who will never fail to cheer you up with his shenanigans!

How he joined the family: Tate was one of the five kittens born in Misty's second litter. He started standing out pretty quickly on account that he was not only one of the two kittens who were black instead of tabbies, but because he has a small white stripe on his neck. He would play fight not only with his siblings, but with Newt too despite how much bigger Newt was (and still is) than him. We were always there to stop Newt if Tate ever started meowing to make sure he didn't get hurt. He still play fights with Newt all the time, although now he also enjoys cuddling with Newt. He was the only kitten we kept from that litter and he still lives with us today!

And those are my cats! Most of the chapters in this book will probably be about them, so it's good that you know who's who! I'll see you soon in another chapter!

~Tori