ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬 ☽

Start from the beginning

Andy was laying on the small chairs in the waiting room, trying to gather just a moment of sleep while Addison was away. He solemnly listened in on the nurses chatter, just to keep his mind off of his wife, and the loss of his son. "Shirly, come on you can't help but to think there's something more going on there?" One of the nurses spoke, completely oblivious to the man that was resting just within earshot of the nurses station. "I think, that they're suffering great loss and are hanging onto each other to survive. Ms. Scott is dating that news anchor from the early morning airing, and Mr. Barber is grappling with the loss of his son, while his wife is in a coma, so no I don't think there's anything going on." Shirly replied, taking a deep breath before turning back to the younger nurse. "Though, if there was something who could blame them, they're two very good looking people. Personally if given the chance, I'd sink my teeth into him as well." Shirly chuckled, disappearing down the hall before anyone else could respond.

Andy's brows furrowed at the conversation as the voices started to disappear down the hall, soon the only sound to be heard was the fuzzy crackle of the fluorescent lights above. The past few days had been a blur for the poor man, but the conversation he had heard sent his brain into overdrive, trying to reflect on the past few days that could've even spurred such a conversation. Had he relied on Addison for comfort so much that he has people convinced he's cheating on his wife? With his wife's sister of all people? No, he didn't even want to put that out there, they were just two people suffering loss and this was just town gossip. Although, Andy would be lying if his mind didn't wander when Addison had her head rested on his thigh, sleeping on the small chairs in the waiting room as they awaited the doctor's results. She had a sense of peace about here that Laurie didn't, she comforted him when he had no one.

Life for Laurie and Andy wasn't always easy, they had problems even before Jacob had been falsely accused of murder. When Andy first moved to Newton, it would be a massive lie to say he was out for Laurie immediately, while she was closer to his age, his eyes travelled to her younger sister. She was a much bubblier personality, wasn't scared to command a room if needed. Andy was enamored by her, the same way Tommy was he supposed. Maybe her being here was showing him what he was missing, that he could've had a different future. One where his wife wasn't relying on him solely for money, and one where his son wasn't taken from him. Laurie was quiet, always on her best behavior for the lawyer, proving to be a loyal and loving wife. He did end up falling for the brunette, her joy becoming his as well, the life they created was special, but he couldn't help but feel like there was something more for him.

"I can take you back to the hospital baby. You're in no place to be driving." Tommy spoke, watching as Addison pulled on the Newton Law Office sweatshirt that Laurie had gifted her one night, a soft sigh leaving her lips. "Tommy, I love you dearly but I do not need to be driven everywhere. I also have Andy's car, I can manage getting myself back." Addison spoke, her voice laced with irritation. Tommy always said it was because he was concerned with her safety, wanting to see her enter the building that was in front of them. But Addison's friends had been in her ear for the past 3 years, labeling it as controlling. She never paid any attention to it, it was nice for someone to actually care. Even if that care came across slightly controlling, she took it with stride, he was there when no one else was. "Baby please, it's unsafe." Tommy argued, gripping her arms just slightly too tight. "Tommy let go you're hurting me!" Addison yelled, tears spilling down her cheeks until he let go. "I'm sorry, uh, I'm so sorry baby!" Tommy spoke quickly, watching her frantically search for Andy's keys, grabbing her bag and rushing out.

Her head was spiraling, everything was crashing down on her at once. She had excused Tommy's behaviors for so long but she was slowly getting fed up with them. He was becoming more aggressive every time he wasn't getting what he wanted from her. She gave up her family for years, missed a lot of Jacob's big days, his first day of middle school, his first day of high school, the last birthday he would've had. She traded her family for his. Maybe this was the world punishing her for turning her back on her sister, her nephew. The beating rain on the Audi roof was the sole reason she wasn't drowning in thoughts, the fuzzy Newton hospital sign appearing before her eyes, a shaky breath leaving her plush lips. She wished she had more time with Jacob. Pulling the car into the spot, she threw the gearshift in park, heading inside.

Andy was sitting in Room 4, his wife's hand in his while he stroked his thumb over her knuckles, his eyes were closed, head leaning back, until he heard a soft groan. "Honey?" He whispered, his eyes flying open to see his wife rolling her head side to side. "Hey, take it easy, don't push yourself." Andy smiled, standing quickly as he leaned over, pressing a kiss to her forehead. "Hi baby, where's Jacob?" Laurie asked softly, blinking a few times to adjust to the bright lights that were illuminating the hospital room. Andy froze, swallowing the lump in his throat while tears filled his eyes again. "Sweetheart? Where is he?" Laurie asked softly, squeezing his hand gently. "He, uh, he didn't make it." Andy choked out, sitting back in the seat. Laurie's vision went white, heartbreak filling every vein in her body, a blood curdling scream leaving her lips as tears rolled down her cheeks. "I want my sister!" She screamed, while Andy nodded, quickly rushing out of the hospital room, in search of his sister in law.

Addison was sat in the waiting room, her heart shattering when she heard Laurie's scream. "Addison?" Andy spoke hurriedly, his face drenched with tears as he rushed over to her, collapsing into her arms while she allowed him to sob into her chest. "She wants you." He cried out, feeling her nod against the top of his head. "There's coffee, Tommy made it." She spoke gently, helping him into the chair before she handed him the travel mug, heading into her sister's room. "Hey Laurs." Addison smiled gently, her sisters arms reaching out for her. "You're here." Laurie choked out, wrapping her arms around her younger sisters neck, tucking her head into Addison's neck. "I've been here with Andy since you got here." Addison smiled sadly, her face burying into Laurie's hair as her sister sobbed onto her shoulder. "I killed Jacob." Laurie cried out, Addison's brow furrowing. "No, hey no, don't do that." Addison spoke gently, pulling her sister's head out of her neck, sitting on the edge of the bed, taking Laurie's hand gently. "But I did." Laurie cried out, guilt evident on her face as Addison leaned forward, pressing a soothing hand to her cheek. "Laurie accidents happen, you didn't kill him, and no one thinks you did."

Sure no one thought she killed him, it hadn't even been reported that the lawyer's son had died. Andy didn't blame her for the loss of their son, but there was resentment towards her. How could there not be? Grief always looks for someone to blame, and for Andy, that blame was unfortunately landing on his wife. 

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

divider by TomHollandsQuakson Breathin, symbols dividers 1/3