Chris's First- Pt. 5

My palm was sweaty as he held my hand. I gripped my hoodie so tight my hand started to go numb. He squeezed my hand in reassurance. The Kids were sitting at a big table eating dinner. They stopped and looked up at me when they noticed we were in the room. I held my breath.

"Guys, this is TK." Chris said.

I let my breath out and said in Korean, "Hi guys. It's nice to finally meet you."

Felix wiped his hands on a napkin, got up, and walked over to me. In English he said, "Hi. We're so excited to meet the woman that's been keeping Chan hyung so happy." And then he hugged me.

His hug was possibly one of the best hugs I've ever had. He was warm and hugged with his whole body. I felt everything melt away.

I exhaled again and let him go. "Hi Lixie." I realized what I had said almost right as it exited my mouth. "Oh gosh! I'm so sorry! I meant Felixsshi. Lixie is my nickname for you." I smacked my head.

"TK, it's fine. I don't mind. I know that Stay call me that. I actually really like it. You can call me that." Felix said.

Chris hugged my shoulders from behind and put his chin on my head. He whispered to me, "Breathe. It's ok. They aren't as uptight and formal as you think."

Felix smiled and nodded at the rest of the guys.

They lined up to give me hugs. IN was first followed by Hyunjin, then Lee Know, then Han, then Seungmin, and finally Changbin.

They all sat back down and continued to eat. I sat across the table from Changbin. Chris sat next to me. Chris offered me food but there was no way I could eat. He grabbed some ramyeon and chowed down.

"What's your nickname for me?" IN asked with his mouth full of kimchi.

"Innie." I said biting my lip.

"I like that." He said.

Then as if they were baby birds, they all chirped up to ask what their nickname was. So I just went down the line.

"Hyunjin, I call you Hyunnie. Han, I call you Hannie. Seungmin, I call you Seungsshi. Lee Know, I call you Minsshi. And Changbin, I call you Binnie."

They all looked at each other and nodded in agreement they were ok with it. I looked at Chris. He smiled as if to say 'I told you so.'

"What do you call Chan hyung?" Hyunnie asked.

"I call him Chris. Chan, Channie, Bangchan, Bang, would all kind of give it away. Plus Jipe says I have to." I explained.

"I like it when she calls me that. It kind of gives a normalcy to my life." he said. He squeezed my thigh.

"You'll be teaching English to those that want to learn," he looked at Minsshi with narrowed eyes, "and explaining Western culture to us."

I looked at him and then at the guys. "I know this sounds made up. Because it totally is. But I really want to try this for real. I don't want it to seem like I'm being paid to be Chris's girlfriend. So, as awful as this made up job sounds. I really want to give it a go."

Minsshi had been quietly observing me this whole time but he finally spoke up. "Yeah. It's made up."

Chris gave him a look that said he wanted to strangle him.

"But," Minsshi continued, "if it makes Chan hyung happy, then we'll go along with it."

Chris eased up. I wrapped my hand around his arm and squeezed gently.

I noticed Seungsshi looking at us. It was an inquisitive look that had a hint of admiration.

"How did you end up in Korea?" Seungsshi asked.

"Oh well," I started to blush. "I guess you guys have a lot of questions. Since we'll be spending so much time together I suppose you should know some things about me. I know all about you, obviously, even before I met Chris. So, go ahead. Ask me anything."

Chris looked at me. He had a kind of terrified look in his eyes like a deer in the headlights.

"It's fine. Really. I don't care what they ask." I said.

Chris looked at them. He looked at me. He looked at them. "Be nice." was all he said.

" was all he said