Chris's First- Pt. 2

I looked at the back of the door and sighed. Dating Chris is for sure something that was simultaneously the most amazing and frustrating thing. We have to keep our relationship a secret until Jipe said we could go public. This was for many reasons, obviously, but the top five most important reasons, as laid out by Jipe:

1. He is an idol and I am not.

2. I am American.

3. He has to seem available to Stay to increase sales.

4. I am 12 years older than him.

5. He has to seem available to Stay to increase sales.

We could only meet at my apartment. I was not allowed at the dorm. We were not allowed to be seen in public. We could not speak about our relationship to anyone until he told us we could. He had to be back at the dorm by 10pm. I was not allowed at the studio and I had not met the Kids. Stray Kids comes first, JYP comes second, and I am somewhere on the list. The rules were very confining. And I hated that I had to feel "appreciative" that Jipe even let us be together.

Jipe knew that Chan was his most valuable asset. He therefore knew that Chan could call sooommmmeee shots, (like stating that he was going to date me no matter what) but he also knew that Chan could not, nor would not, walk away from Stray Kids. I had resigned myself to the fact that this was going to be my life for a while.

On the more positive side, which I chose to live my life on, Chris was the best thing to happen to me. And not because he was an idol. He is the most genuine person. What you see on Chan's Room is what he is. He really cares about the kids, about Stay, and about his career. He reminded me of what it was like to see and experience things for the first time. I was the level headed one who kept him on the rails. For some odd reason, it just worked.

                                                               *************************

I woke up late the next morning, washed my face, and made some coffee. I checked my phone and I had a message from Chris. (I called him Chris because if I called him Chan, that would be a nono.)

*Morning Love. I have dance practice this morning, then MNET recording and finally some studio work today. I should be done by 7. I want to see you and I have some good news.*

I couldn't imagine what news he had but he had my attention.

*Good morning Chris. I have lunch with my neighbor and a doctor's appointment. But I'll be free by 7. Do you want me to make dinner?*

I did not expect a response for a while so I put my phone down and went to my closet to get dressed. My apartment was not big. About 700sq ft. The thing I loved is that my "room" was actually a loft and was above the bathroom/kitchen. After getting dressed I went back down to the bathroom to put on my makeup and do my hair. I was not high maintenance by any standards but I did like looking presentable if I was going out.

I heard my phone chime so I went to get it.

*I can bring dinner. I'll put it on the company card and make Jipe pay for it. It's really the least he could do. What do you want?*

*Just street food. Kimbap, tteokbokki, fried everything.*

*Ok. Sounds good. See you then.*

                                                                *************************

The afternoon went by fast. Lunch was fun. My neighbor was a mail carrier and has the most amazing stories to tell about her regular route. She was older and always gave me great advice about life and love. She has been married for 30 years so I listened to her advice.