⁰⁴ 𝗇𝖾𝗐 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾

🗒 ❛ chapter four ༉‧

🗒 ❛ chapter four ༉‧

the door creaks a little too loudly as you enter, as you sighed knowing what was about to come. 

"you're late" the voice of your stepmother calls from inside the apartment, you guessed it probably came from the kitchen as you could hear the clinking of utensils.

it had been hours since you bid your goodbye to oikawa and iwaizumi, making it almost 7:30 pm.

"it's just 7 yet," you huffed, "i didn't know this was supposed to be considered as late." 

she didn't speak anything. though you couldn't see her, you knew she had a scowl on her face like she always did when she saw you.

she was a short woman, around 5ft in height. her brown bob-cut hair rested just an inch above her shoulders, always perfectly straightened as she liked it. her name was aiko. aiko l/n, since she was legally the second wife of your father.

despite being short, men always seemed to be attracted to her. when she used to visit you in the hospital, you'd see several men always looking at her curvy body as she walked right past them.

you wondered if that's what your father saw in her. he was in love with her, the second woman he had ever given a chance to after your mom. but a sexy body was always a plus.

you had seen the way he looked into her hazel eyes. you didn't like it, but didn't seem to mind it either. it was only natural. you wanted your father to be happy, and it wasn't as if you had ever met your own mother because she died just moments after birthing you.

your brother, however...he used to go into his room and cry. you had seen him put his hands on both his ears as he sobbed while shaking his head. 

he missed his mom so much. how could he possibly accept another woman in her place?

as surprising as it might be, he never blamed you for her death. he thought of your soul as your mom's.