Chapter 3: I'm Fine

Wow, so it's been a while. Hey. Hope you haven't given up hope on this story. While I've lacked in my commitment for writing I finally had the energy to write. So, yay for me! Anyways, enjoy!

-:-:-:-:-:-

"Are you sure you have to go?" I ask my brother on the sidewalk, not actually wanting him to go.

"Yes, Leo. This case is a really hard one. But I should be back by Monday." My brother tries assuring me. It doesn't work.

Elliott and James exchange glances before James grabs me by my arms and pulls me back.

"Love you, Leo. I'll see you soon." Elliott says, kissing me on the head before he gets in his car and drives off.

James, Adrian, and I all head inside and sit down on the couch.

"So, wanna watch a movie?" I ask, grabbing the remote.

"Did you finish all your homework?" James asks, giving me a stern look.

I pout throwing the TV remote on the coffee table. "You're no fun."

"I'm taking that as a no. Go finish your homework. And while you're doing that I have some work I have to finish up as well."

"What? But you're a bartender. What kind of work do you possibly have to do." I exclaim. He tends to people at a bar. It's not like you can just work from home.

"I have more than one job, you know. Bartending doesn't pay the rent." James chuckles.

"Ugh, I guess I'm off to do my homework then." I sigh, standing up and stretching.

"And Adrian, you can do your homework too. I'm sure you and Leona can help each other." James calls as I'm heading to my room.

Oh great, I forgot he was here. Wait, but aren't I, like, supposed to be nice to him or something since we're supposed to be friends now? Pssh I don't have to be nice to anyone.

Yes, you do.

Who are you?

The voice in your head, duh. I'm the more reasonable and sensible one. Plus I'm smarter than you.

Wait, but if you're the voice in my head, aren't we the same person?

Well duh.

I shake my head to clear my thoughts and plop down on my bean bag chair opening up my computer. Seconds later, my door opens and Adrian walks in holding his own laptop. He sits down in the swivel chair at my desk and turns around so he's facing me.

"So, what homework do you have?" He asks.

"I have to finish my science presentation, and I have an essay for English," I sigh. Why is it that teachers have to make their students suffer with essays? It's not like we're going to randomly write an essay when we're older.

"Shoot, I completely forgot about the science project," Adrian mutters.

"How can you forget about science? Science is like the best thing in the world." I exclaim.

"Yeah right. It's so hard," Adrian complains.

"What! How dare you be mean to poor science." I put my hand over my heart. Yes, I know I'm being dramatic. Sue me.

"Well if you love science so much why don't you do the project for me?"

"No, I'm not gonna do it for you because that wouldn't be fair. Especially if you got a good grade on it." I argue.

"Pretty please," Adrian pouts, giving me a puppy dog face.

I look away trying not to fall for it. I'm a sucker for cute faces and I crack really easily, but not this time.