Chapter 2: Another Day, Another Pain in the Ass

I wake up the next day to Katy Perry blasting through the house. Why can't my brother just let me sleep?

I groan rolling over on my side. "You better shut that thing off before I throw your phone down the toilet!" I warn yelling the loudest I can.

Seconds later my door gets flung open, "Cause baby you're a firework!" My brother sings. More like screeches.

"Jeez, let me be!" I yell throwing a pillow at my brother.

"Get your butt out of bed before you're late to school," Elliot says leaving my room.

What is he- school! I'm going to be late! As fast as I can I spring out of bed and over to my dresser where I throw on a pair of sweatpants and a cropped T-shirt. I throw my mess of curls up into a bun before grabbing my backpack and running into the kitchen.

I rummage through the fridge, "What do I have time to eat?" I mumble to myself.

Closing the fridge I head over to the pantry continuing my search.

Aha, a package of chips ahoy will have to do. I turn around to find Elliot leaning against the door frame of the kitchen with an amused smirk on his face.

"Come on we're gonna be late if you don't get your ass to the car," I tell him.

"You're not late," Elliot laughs, still watching me.

"I'm what?" I ask. I pull my phone out of my pocket and look at the time realization dawning on me. "You dumb ass, you tricked me!"

I go to the dining room table and sit down, eating my cookies in anger.

"Why in god's name would you do that?" I ask him, pretending to be upset.

"Because I needed to get you up early so that we could pick Adrian up." Elliot sits down across from me.

"But Liott, can't he drive himself?" He's old enough to drive and he probably has his own car.

"I promised James I'd pick him up. Apparently, Adrian spent the night drinking and got his car taken away for a couple of days." Elliot explains.

"Okay, I guess I could deal with that pain in the ass for a little while longer," I sigh dramatically. Suddenly an idea comes to mind, "But we have to pick Annie up too. She lives right next to Adrian apparently."

"That's fine," My brother agrees. "Come on, we should get in the car."

Elliot stands up and walks out the door. I slip on my vans before grabbing my bag and heading outside. I lock the front door and jump in the passenger seat of our range rover.

"I didn't know that Adrian and Annie lived next door to each other," Elliot says as we make our way down the road.

"Yeah. Apparently Adrian and his mother moved into that house that was for sale.

"That house has been vacant for a while. I'm surprised that somebody decided to buy it."

"Yeah, I know right? That house is super old. I remember when Annie, Jasmin, and I would all go in there." I agree, daydreaming.

We pull up in front of Adrian's house. As I pull out my phone to text Annie, Adrian walks up and gets in the back seat. Boy, does he look like shit.
"Morning," Elliot greets as Adrian buckles up.

"Hey," Adrian replies.

The rest of the conversation they have is blocked out of my mind as I text one of my best friends.

"Annie said she'll be outside in a minute," I tell my brother.

After about a minute, I see Annie exit her house and call to her dad that she's leaving before she runs up to the car and gets in the back.