Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"Tell me more about this friend of yours," sabi ko while Fourthsky was busy driving. Both of his hands are placed on the car's steering wheel, the opposite of what my brother does. Mukhang safe driver talaga siya or maybe because my brother kind of threatened him.

He licked his lower lip before glancing at me. "Hmm. . . Hindi ko siya masyadong ka-close. Mataray but she's nice naman," sagot niya. "She's friends with Samu, one of my high school friends," he added.

"Do you think we'll get along well?"

"Oo naman!" He answered very surely. As if he doesn't know na I have a resting bitch face and a maldita attitude. Although, it always depends on the person I'm talking to naman. I can be nice. "Bakit mo naman na-isip na hindi?"

I shrugged before glancing at him as well. "Kasi maldita ako."

"Nah," he disagreed. "You're a nice person, Drey. Mukha ka lang mataray pero hindi ka naman maldita sa lahat. Kay Celestine lang saka sa 'min ng kapatid mo," he laughed.

"Wow, thank you for that," I sarcastically said after rolling my eyes at him.

He laughed but eventually stopped when a song that he is familiar with started playing from his car's radio. Fourthsky glanced at me with a huge smile for the nth time today. "Magandang kanta 'to!" He enthusiastically said.

"Uh, hindi ko 'yan alam," nahihiya na sabi ko.

It's true! I really don't know the song at hindi ko pa rin siya naririnig from Celestine.

Fourthsky looked shocked. "Hindi mo 'yan alam?" He asked and I nodded. "So, hindi mo rin kilala si Francis Magalona?" I nodded, again. "Shit, really?"

Pinalo ko ang braso niya. "Pa-ulit-ulit ka, ah!" I complained.

"Well, understandable naman dahil sa ibang bansa ka pinanganak pero shit, seryoso talaga?"

"Kulit mo naman, Fourth."

"Maganda 'yan, promise! Pakinggan mo. . ."

It's been cold summer nights since we drifted apart
Cold summer nights since you walked out that door
Cold summer nights here on my own
Coz I miss you, baby, I need you here. . .

Sinabayan pa ni Fourthsky iyong kanta. His voice matched the song well. It isn't like my brother's deep and seductive voice but his voice was the best that I've ever heard. It was full of warmth. . . and emotions.

The song is indeed nice but the lyrics made me feel uncomfortable. I feel like he can somehow relate to the lyrics. . . and I'm assuming that it is because of our story. Maybe because we used to have a lot of miscommunications before that we tend to give each other space for a long time even though we both crave each other's presence when we are in some deep shit in life.

Pero there's Tatianna in his life ever since they were kids. . .

Maybe this song was meant for their story and not ours.

"Sad boy ka ba?" I laughed but it was a fake one. I need some answers kasi I don't like this kind of feeling. . . I don't like assuming things. I hate disappointments. And so, I knew I needed to ask, and the only way that I could think of to get the answers that I need was to say it in a jokingly way. "The song is sad, e. Parang match siya sa sad boy playlist ni Celest."

"Oo, hindi ako 'yung gusto mo, e. . ." He whispered but I was still able to hear it.

"Huh?" I acted confused.

So, it was because of us?

Fourthsky smirked. "Wala! Andito na tayo," he's trying to change the topic so I tried my best to help him with it.