Chapter Ten

#HNA10

──────── ⋆ ⋅☽ ⋅ ⋆ ────────

"It has already been a month, Celest," I reminded her. "Aren't you going to finish this school year?"

"I don't have the energy to do so," she answered but her attention was still on her phone. I kind of regret introducing the game Call of Duty Mobile to her. All she ever did these past few days was play the game in the morning, sleep at noon, and drink at night. "Charot! Papasok na ako."

Ophyra sighed. "Girl, as much as we want you to take all the time in the world to rest, may responsibilities ka pa rin as a student," she explained in a calm manner that was so unlikely of her. "Isang taon na lang tapos gagraduate na tayo kaya tama ang desisyon mo, pumasok ka na."

Ophyra is known as the loud and bubbly girl in our group — there is no such thing as calm to her.

"Bawi na lang next life," Celestine laughed sarcastically. I threw a pillow at her and gave her a death glare that was enough for her to get her senses back. "Papasok na ako, legit! My therapist gave me a go signal already, even Mommy!" She, then, once again laughed.

"Tito wouldn't like to see you in this state, Celest," I said. "He would've wanted you to move on with your life."

Ophyra nodded. "Alam mo namang mahalaga sa parents mo ang studies, Tine. A month of rest is not enough — alam naman namin 'yun, e. But don't waste the chance given to you to do better than the people who have hurt you in the past — the people who ruined your life."

I walked toward Celestine and held her hand. "The best revenge is to show them that you can make it through life ― you can be successful despite them ruining your past," I agreed with Ophyra's statement. "Grief if you must but don't let your life go to waste because my grandfather doesn't deserve the satisfaction. Your father worked so hard to give you a comfortable life and to ensure that you'll have a bright future ahead of you."

Celestine started to cry — she broke down, again. I held her in my arms while Ophyra volunteered to grab a glass of water downstairs for Celestine. I did not say a word, rather, I let her cry on my shoulders while mumbling a couple of words that I, myself, cannot understand.

"A-Ang hirap-hirap. . . My father d-died, Addie. . . M-my father!" She wept. "I don't even fucking know how to get my normal life back! I can't live without him, Addie, I can't." She kept on shaking her head in disagreement.

"Hush now," I said when I saw Ophyra approaching us with a glass of water in her hand. "Drink this first," I commanded, which Celestine obediently did.

No one can understand her pain — even me. Losing your father is like losing a part of yourself and I can't fathom how hard it must be for Celestine. It pains me to see her slowly ruining her life. What more for her parents, right? That's the reason why instead of pushing her to rest for a while, which I want to happen even though it means she'll graduate a year later than us, I tried my best to convince her to get her life back.

We stayed there for hours, doing completely nothing except playing Call of Duty Mobile. I was already the top fragger in the game when I received a notification from Fourthsky asking if he could call. If I am not mistaken, it was already 6 in the morning in his country when he messaged me.

Fourthsky Ramirez
Active now

6:17 pm

Fourthsky Ramirez

GOOD MORNING!! :)

Pwede ba akong tumawag?

"I'll go out for a while," I announced, which gained a groan from Celestine and Ophyra because I left the game right away even though we were already winning the round.