She's the third person who raised this topic with me.

Is this a sign?

Should I consider joining the dance troupe?

I tried to smile. "Okay," I said. She clapped her hands and hugged me but I was shocked so I just tapped her back gently. "Thank you."

When Thursday came, I asked Kuya Drake to drop me off with our driver at school for the auditions. I was supposed to go with Celestine but she was busy with her band. Kuya Drake was so happy when I told him about the dance troupe audition. He was one of the people who wanted me to step out of my comfort zone, meet new people, and show my talent to the world. I'm not like him and Celestine who love music and playing different instruments in front of the crowd.

I may say that I'm into music because of dancing but I'm not into it unlike them.

"Quinn," he called me while our driver was busy looking for a parking space outside our school. I turned my gaze to him who was sitting at the shotgun seat. I raised my brows. Kuya Drake smiled and said, "I'm glad you finally considered this idea."

I stifled a laugh. "Yeah, sure. Three people came to me last week, trying to persuade me," I responded.

"You didn't join because you wanted to?" Drake's brows furrowed and he locked his phone immediately.

"Do I look like I want this?" I asked sarcastically while we were walking towards the dance room. "I'm just tired of hearing their constant nagging about this competition."

Drake chuckled before he opened the door for me. "You'll like it here."

"I hope so," I replied.

I arrived a few minutes earlier than the actual call time so I had the chance to use the dance room alone. I placed my gym bag at the side, near the chairs. I tied my hair up and fixed the lace of my shoes before walking towards the music stereo. I connected my phone to it and chose the song that my mind tends to sing all the time.

When the music started playing, I stood in front of the huge mirror wall and started to vibe with it. I was alone after all. No one can see me right now. I can freely do whatever I want—without being bothered by what people might think about me.

Paper bags and plastic hearts
Tonight will change our lives
It's so good to be by your side
We'll cry, but we won't give up the fight
We'll scream loud at the top of our lungs
And they'll think it's just 'cause we're young
But we'll feel so alive

I started recalling the steps that I made for this song last year when I was still in 7th grade. I loosened up and let my body feel every beat from this song. I did different dance steps, trying my best to hit every beat, and when the chorus of the song came up. I drew a deep breath as fast as I could before executing the crucial steps in my choreography for this.

Throw it away, forget yesterday
We'll make the great escape
And we won't hear a word they say
They don't know us anyway
Watch it burn, let it die
'Cause we are finally free, tonight

I was about to walk towards my bag to grab the tumbler that Kuya Drake prepared for me when I noticed that someone was watching me from the door. My eyes widened when realization started to kick in. He might've seen me dance! It's not that I'm not confident enough to show my talent. I'm just not that comfortable with the fact that someone is watching me. I don't like the feeling of being watched.

"H-hi, I guess?" The boy standing at the door waved at me awkwardly.

A crease appeared on my forehead. "Are you stalking me?" I asked.